Past The Castle Walls

Chapter twenty four

I heard it before it happened. I heard the screeching of the wheels on the tarmac, I heard the thud of his body hitting the car bonnet and then the road. I even heard my mother and her family gasp.

I pushed myself off the floor and saw Gus there, on the ground, covered with blood. I didn't even have time to cry, I just ran over to him praying he was still alive. He was unconscious but still had a steady but weakening pulse. Thank fuck.

With one hand I gripped his own and used the other to call for an ambulance, he was not going to die. The man in the car who hit him came bounding out the car asking if he was alright. What a fucking dumbass.

"Does he honestly look like he's okay? Use your tiny mind and try to figure out if my boyfriend looks okay!"

Sirens could be heard in the distance and I just gripped his hand harder so if he could feel it he would know I was still here. A crowd started to gather around but I didn't move an inch, I wasn't going to leave him. If it wasn't for him, I would be the one of the ground. It should've been me.

The ambulance crew arrived and had to drag me away just so they could put him on a stretcher. I climbed in at my first opportunity and resumed to hold his hand. Like standard procedure I was handed his keys, wallet and phone, I'm going to have to make some phone calls.

After I texted T and Goth, I called his mum Liza.

"Hi, Liza? It's me Emily, Gus's girlfriend"

She sounded so happy.

"Oh hi dear, it's so nice of you to call! Peep talks so much about you I couldn't wait to meet you"

"Listen, I'm going to need you to come down to LA as soon as possible. Tracy will pick you up from LAX"

"Why? What happened hunny?"

"It's Gus, he's been in an accident"

"Oh god, is he okay?"

"I hope so but I don't know"

"I'm leaving now"

"I'll update you if anything happens"

"Thank you darling, I'll tell Oskar too"

"Stay safe"

I didn't know who else to call so I just stuffed his things into my jacket pocket and played with his floppy blonde hair that's already grown out. It was at this point I let the tears fall.

I hoped he was going to make it

///////////////////////

It has been eight hours and forty two minutes since he was taken into theatre and was now in his room with no visitors allowed. I was sat in the shitty blue chairs right out side of his room having a xan every time no one was looking.

It was the only thing keeping me sane and I could finally understand why Gus loved these so much. They were literally relaxation in a pill and a perfect replacement for weed.

"Anyone where for Gustav Åhr?"

I wasted no time jumping up and bursting into his room before the doctor could say anything. He was laying there, eyes fluttering and heart monitor beeping. He was fine.

"Excuse me ma'am? I need to notify you on a few of his injuries outside"

I sighed and followed the man outside. I have a feeling this wasn't good.

"Mr Åhr suffered two broken ribs and a fractured arm which with a few weeks of care with be fine. However, it seems he's suffering from acute amnesia which will last only a few hours"