Dreams

Chapter eighty one

*Gus' POV*

"You settled now Brad?"

"Yeah I'm sorry though for showing up like this, it's not fair on you two"

"Shut up dad, we'll help you with whatever you need; getting a new apartment, a job, a car"

Throughout their conversation I stepped back and admired Em, the way she would drop everything to help someone without even thinking about it...it made me love her so much more. I didn't even know that was possible.

"I think I'm just going to go watch some tv in my room"

"Okay, love you dad"

"Love you too sweetie"

As em turned away and continued to watch friends while eating the rest of our food, I quietly followed Brad to his temporary room. I can't believe I'm going to do this, I didn't even think I would be alive to do this.

I just hope he'll let me.

From outside of his room I could hear him switching through the different channels, oh my fuck I'm doing this. I'm actually doing this. Knocking on the door I entered as he told me I could do so, watching him sit up straight and mute the tv as I stood awkwardly in the door way.

"Hey Gus, what's up?"

"I need to talk to you....it's about Emily"

"Um sure, as long as it's nothing too - uh - provocative"

"Fuck no. You know how much I love her right? -"

I paused while I waited for him to nod his head which he did.

"- We'll my relationship with your daughter is getting to the point now where I truly want to spend every second I'm breathing with her. Even though we haven't even reached our two year anniversary yet, I feel like it's just at that point now that I need to make it known that she's my one and only"

"Why are you telling me this Gus?"

"Bradley...I want to know if it's okay with you that I ask Emily to marry me"

It was easy to see that he wasn't expecting that one bit, fuck I didn't know it would get to this point; girls like her don't stick around with guys like me.

"Peep...you know Emily better than I do and I have no doubt that you've seen sides of her I'll never see. From what I've heard about her past though, it doesn't take a scientist to figure out that you've been the best thing to ever happen to her. It would be an honour to have you as my son in law"

Hearing his words made a Cheshire Cat like grin to appear on my face; I had his blessing. I'm going to do this.

I'm going to ask Em to marry me.

/////////////////////

"What about this one?"

"Eh...its nice and all but can you picture Em wearing it?"

"Okay how about this one?"

"Come on Dylan, that ones worse than the last"

Smoke and I were in the local engagement ring store and were close to losing our minds; no one prepared me for how hard finding the right ring is. While he walked off looking at the sparkly gifts half asleep I however was stressing the fuck out, none of these were good enough for her. They were all such trash.

That was until I saw it.

The second my eyes landed on the ring I knew it was the one. At a 1/2 cut diamond with a 14k rose gold band woven into it, the price of $16,000 was more than worth it.

"Yo this the one, Dylan I found the one"

"Holy shit that's amazing, it's perfect for her"

"Ima send a picture to Emma for her opinion"

To : ketchupemma😍
I found the one. You likey?

ketchupemma😍 :Holy fuck you gonna propose? It's beautiful I can't

ketchupemma😍 :
Holy fuck you gonna propose? It's beautiful I can't

To : ketchupemma😍
I'll take that as a yes then boo

I bought the ring without hesitation and left with Dylan by my side as I smiled the brightest smile I think is humanly possible; I've never been so happy in my entire life.

It's all falling into place.

—————————

For in different universes, everything can change.

—————————