Cobain

Chapter thirty four

Three hours I've been looking for Gus, three fucking hours; I'm greatly regretting leaving the bus without getting any help. All I know is that I'm starting to think that he's dead and I can't stop crying at the thought.

I was just leaving the last local bar with no sign of him anywhere, no where at all. I've checked the local bars, clubs and the occasional pub but nothing; Gus had just gone.

Right there, in the middle of the street, I broke down. It had started to set in that there was a chance that I wouldn't be able to find him at all. I was about to fall down when I got a call...from my mother?

"Hello?"

"Before you hang up, let me talk"

"You better be quick beca-"

"He's at mine"

"What?"

"Your boyfriend what's him name? Peep? He's at my house"

"How is he there? You live in LA"

"My husband had a job transfer, I'll text you the address now"

I hung up, flagged down the first cab I saw and practically screamed the address at the poor driver. Gustav had some fucking explaining to do, how the fuck was he with my mother? Why the fuck did she help him?

The drive was short and I threw a $20 bill at the drive before jumping out the car. I may have over paid a wee bit but I could care less, I needed to see him. Instead of knocking on the door, I basically tried to break it down and almost fell on my mum when she opened the door.

"Where is...? Why? H-how?"

"I found him wondering around crying so I brought him here knowing you were probably worrying like crazy. I may not like him but I know how much it would kill you if anything were to happen to him"

I hugged her to show my thanks, maybe we could have some sort positive relationship? Right now I could see my mum knew I had other things on my mind.

"He's in the living room"

I wasted no time in finding the living area where he stood up awkwardly at the sight of me. He didn't even bother saying anything, not a 'hi' or 'I'm sorry'. I walked up to him, briefly looking into his guilt filled eyes.

I slapped him.

I thought he was dead for fuck sake; I couldn't help but burst into tears and jump into his arms, I swear to lucifer if I ever loose him I'm done. Gus continued to cry in the crook of my neck as I did the same in his. I'm so happy he's safe.

"I'm so sorry Em"

"You scared the shit out of me"

"I know and I'm sorry baby"

He carefully set me down without breaking our embrace; I never wanted to let him go again. No matter what happened, he was mine and I was his.

"Listen, it's already late so why don't you two stay in the guest room and I'll drop you off wherever you're staying in the morning?"

I broke away from Gus and walked over the my mother, I really appreciate her right now. It seems she's changed a lot, maybe she's started to accept him? Hopefully she has.

"Thank you so much mother"

"Just don't do anything inappropriate"

"We won't mum, don't worry"

"The spare rooms upstairs on the left"

"Goodnight mother"

"Goodnight Shannon, Thank you for helping me, Well us"

"Peep, I was wrong to judge you. I hope you can forgive me"

He softly smiled at her and followed me to our room for the night, trying not to wake Edward. That kid was going to get a hell of a surprise in the morning, it's not everyday you wake up and your Idol just happens to be in your house. While Gus was getting changed as quietly as he could, I decided to call Emma knowing she was probably shitting herself seeing as it had been hours since she last saw either of us.

"Hey Emma"

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU TWO? YOU BETTER NOT BE DEAD"

"I found him, well my biological mother did. We're staying at her house for what's left of the night"

"Thank fuck for that, I'll tell the rest and keep me posted on the situation"

"I'll tell you everything in the morning Emma, i promise"

"You better bitch, see ya"

"See ya"

I climbed into bed now in just my t-shirt and underwear; Gus being in his boxers too. I snuggled into him as he did the same to me as I turned the bedside lamp off.

"You better explain everything the second we wake up"

"Don't worry baby, I will. You don't understand how sorry I am for putting you through that"

"I'm just glad you're safe and most importantly alive"

"I am too Em, I am too"

"If you die, I'm going to kill myself"

"Wait, what?"

"I can't live without you Gus"

"I can't live without you either Em"

"I know it's a lot to ask but, can you stay alive for me?"

"For you? I would stay alive for a thousand years. I love you"

"And I love you"

"Why don't you say 'I love you too'?"

"It sounds forced, like you have to say it because the other person said it. I say just 'I love you' because I mean it and want to say it"

"I didn't know it was possible to love you more but some how I'm falling for you further"

"I love you more than I love Kurt Cobain"

"How am I suppose to complete with that?"

"You don't have too, i know you love me and that's enough. With you by my side I don't need anything else"

"God I love you"

"I love you Gus"