Hellboy

Chapter Seventeen

*Gus' POV*

No no no no this can't be happening! Why couldn't it have been me? Why did it have to be her? Anyone but her!

Em's body collapsed onto me as I gently set her down with her head on my lap. She was crying along with me and gripping my hand as hard as she could. My girl was fighting. She was going to win.

"Just hold on baby"

"I'm-Trying"

I tugged off my jacket and used it to apply pressure to her gunshot wound so the bleeding would stop. I refuse to give up. She was not going to die.

Goth and Tracy came bounding over, looking panicked and scared. I don't blame them, so was I.

"They've got John and his time away has been increased by another 10 years"

Not gonna lie, it wasn't enough for everything he's done.

"And the ambulance is on it's way"

I acknowledge the statement but choose not to reply, instead I just cradle Em as she fights for her life. Why is it always her? She always gets hurt and I thought I could protect her but yet we're here, waiting for an ambulance because Em's always in some sort of pain.

And it's always my fault.

/////////////////

It's been six hours since Em was brought to the emergency room and I've been sitting in the hard plastic chair right by her side ever since.

Tracy and Goth had stopped by but they had to fill in for me when it was time for tonight's show. I don't know what I would do without them. They had saved my skin countless times.

It was almost midnight and I was still by her side, clutching her hand as if I was afraid to let go. I had almost fallen asleep when the heart monitor stared going crazy and Em's eyes flew open. What the fuck was going on?

Doctors came rushing in and two buff ones came and tried to drag me out.

"Get off of me! She needs me with her! I said get the fuck off!"

No matter how much I struggled, I was thrown out anyway. I slumped against the wall in defeat and broke down. I had no idea what was going on and they wouldn't tell me anything.

///////////////

"Sir? Are you here for Miss Emily McDan? Sir? SIR!"

I jolted awake and jumped up at the sight of the doctor in front of me. He looked at me weirdly before clearing his throat.

"Are you here for Miss Emily McDan?"

"Yes is she alright? She's not hurt is she because I swear I don't know what I'll do if something happ-"

"Sir, calm down. Miss McDan is perfectly fine and if she continues to recover at the same rate she is now, she'll be out in a few days"

"Thank fuck, what happened in the first place?"

"Her brainwaves show that she was trying so hard to wake up she had a non lethal seizure"

"Oh fuck, she's definitely alright though?"

"Certainly, you can go and see her now. She's awake"

I didn't think twice before bursting through the door. She was right there, looking like death; a small gleam in her eye.

"Em......"

"Gussie, you look like hell"

"Nice to see you too"

"Shut up you know you love me"

"Like you wouldn't believe"