Trade for Rome

DISCLAIMER: I OWN NOTHING
CLARY POV
    I was painting on the easel I had in My apartment with Jace. I'm so happy in my relationship. We've been dating for five years, ever since my dad allowed me to date. Now, we're both nineteen. The door opened and closed. "Hey" I say smiling. My heart fluttered as I see Jace. 
     "Hey...can you come outside?" He asks. I frown ".....okay..." I say awkwardly, I get up and walk outside. "What's up?" I ask.
       "I got accepted to go to Rome" Jace says. My face brightens.
        "Oh my god Jace! That's amazing!" I say happily. Jace enrolled into a student exchange program. I kiss him happily. Jace pulls away.
         "Clary...it's in Rome" Jace says.
        "I know..." I say.
         "You're not getting it Clary!" He pauses. "I don't want to do the long distance thing" he says.
          "What? Jace...what are you saying?" I ask.
          "Clary, Please Don't make this harder then it is." Jace says.
           "You're breaking up with me..." I say, the thought and the words hurt me so much it was hard not to break down crying and crumple down to the floor in front of him.
           "Clary I-,"
          "Jace, just shut up," don't shut up. "I get it" no I don't. "It's Fine" no It's not. "You know what? I'm just gonna go..." I turn to the door. Then back at him. "I'm guessing you need your stuff?" No, you don't.
       "I have everything I need...you can do whatever you want with the rest" he says. I nod and go inside. I wait a minute, wanting him to come into the apartment and kiss me. But he didn't. I went upstairs and stripped my clothes. I opened Jace's drawer. I stifled a cry. The things Jace left are all the clothes that are memorable. Like the shirt he wore on our last date. Or the jeans he wore when I told him I loved him. And the underwear he wore when I gave myself to him. He left it all here. With me. Tears flood down my cheeks as I put on Jace's t-shirt. I fall to the ground crying. He left me. Damm thief took a piece of me with him, a big chunk of my heart. I want him to come back to me, to come back and tell me he loves me and that he will never leave me again. But that won't happen.