Life Savers

DISCLAIMER: I OWN NOTHING
Thank you Samara896 for the idea that sparked this idea.

This may also be Inspired by a movie that hasn't come out yet 🙃
CLARY POV
    I sigh as I eat another life saver gummy, i loved the irony of being a life saver and eating life saver gummies. I keep looking I to the water, waiting for someone to drown, or for a shark to appear. I kept humming as I looked around.

It was either this or a tiny bikini, which is stupid! If you're going to save a kid and your top falls out

It was either this or a tiny bikini, which is stupid! If you're going to save a kid and your top falls out...well...It's Embarrassing! I keep looking outward until I hear my phone go off. I grab it and look at it. It was from Sebastian, he was head of the 17-Year old life guards....or whatever.

Sebastian: Code Green! Get your flags up, and message through!

   I raised the green flag and grabbed the megaphone. "Ok! Everyone please direct yourself about of the water! There is-," I check the chart to see what it was, I've never herd of code green.

Code Blue: multiple drownings

Code red: sinking ship close to shore

Code gray: sharks

Code orange: too much pollution

Code yellow: too much seaweed

Code pink: too many people

Code green: unknown

     "Something in the water, so please direct yourselves out of the water!" I yell. Then I see it, a huge, enormous shark jumping out of the water. My eyes widen, it was too big to be a normal shark. People ran away and towards the parking lot. But surfers were trapped, not being able to crash into the water, or to really keep going. My phone started blowing up from the life savers group chat on what to do. I grabbed my life savers float and hop out of my hut and run towards the water, eventually, others did the same thing. I dived into the water, terrified and courageous. There were seven surfers, since I have short legs, all ten of the life guards on duty came towards the surfers they were all helping different surfers, except the one that was closest to the shark. I was about to swim towards him.
"Clary! No! He's too far gone, we're saving six out of seven, that's good enough," Sebastian says.
"Six out of seven isn't good!"I yell as I swim towards the surfer "What's your name?" I ask.
"Oh! Hello! How are you? Good? Me too! I'M ABOUT TO GET DEVOURED BY A GIANT SHARK! DO WE REALLY HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE "What's your name?" Questions?!" The guy asks.
"Answer the damm question!"
"It's jace! My name is Jace Herondale!" He says.
"Jump towards me Jace, not into the wave, towards me," I say.
"It'll get me...actually no, it'll get US!" Jace says.
"You're gonna get devoured either way, so just jump!" I yell.
"Why are you here?! The wave is covering you from this thing, go to land and be safe!" Jace says.
"Nope, I'm not leaving without you," i say. Jace looks at me.
"Fine, hold on," Jace says. He was about to jump, when the Huge shark jumps up. My eyes widen, he was about to splash on us. Jace then grabs me and jumps out of the wave. The shark still manages to slam us though. I look up at Jace. He grabs my hand and starts to swim farther into the ocean. The shark then releases us from his weight. Jace looks at me. The sharks mouth was right in front of us. I knew it was game over. So I shut my eyes and held onto Jace tightly. I then felt movement. I open my eyes and see us moving away from the shark, I look up at Jace. He swims up with me, we were on a wave, and it was pushing up to land. Jace and I then crashed into land rolling with the waves. I gasp as I open my eyes I was on top of Jace. I sit up, i was on Jace's lap. He then grabbed me and rolled us further into the sand as the huge shark fell on the sand where we would've been. I get up and help him up.we then walk out of the beach in awkward silence. When we get to the parking lot we see a bunch of reporters and news cameras. Sebastian was talking to them.
     "We saved as many people as we could, sadly we lost a surfer and one of our best life guards.." Sebastian says.
      "Um...excuse me? We're alive," I say.
      "Clary!" Sebastian says in shock. He then hugs me. "Oh! I'm so happy you're here! I thought that thing killed you!" Sebastian says. I roll my eyes and pull away.
       "Aha...yes, of course," I say as I back away. "I'm going home, ok?" I ask as I walk away. I open my car door, I was about to go in when I felt a hand on my arm.
       "Clary," it was Jace. I looked at him. Really looked at him, I didn't notice how attractive he was until now. "You wanna go on a date?" I was  taken aback as he said that. "What? I'm not going to say 'thank you so much for saving my life! I shall repay you with a date' if that's what you thought I would say," Jace says. I could tell he was nervous. I grinned internally.
     "I don't know, I would have to check with my boyfriend," I say. Jace's face fell.  I giggle and hit his arm. "I'm kidding, sure, I'll go on a date with you," I then get into my car.  "I'll meet you at Java Jones in General Avenue 1124? Tomorrow, 12:30..." I say as I start my car. Jace grins as I drive away.