Chapter 88

Kiru took a breath and started to walk out to the stage as she looked a little tensed up as she got the mic from her teacher then looked at everyone as she saw her dad's. Leo did the gesture with taking in a breath and then letting it out as she did that and to see Raph smiling to her as she smiled back.
    She was wearing a red closing close to her fox color as her ears went up a little as she brought the mic to her mouth and heard the music play. So she opened her mouth as she started to sing. " Dango Dango Dango Dango. Dango, my family..."
     Leo and Raph watched as she continued singing the song. " there is a stubborn roasted dango... and a gentle bean jam dango..."
   Leo smiled blushing a little knowing she was talking about him and Raph as he then widened his eyes as he Raph hold his hand tightly than to Raph as he too was blushing. " The baby dango smiles and is always cradled in all its parent's love..."
    They watched Kiru sing with herself feeling proud to get the courage to sing in front of her patents. Raph watched as he then saw what Leo meant when she loved to sing as he could see her as if she was shining up there. " but if everyone could see. That just by holding hands like the Dango family you will find love."
     Leo felt Raph hold his hand a little tighter as that got Leo to start to blush more and watched Kiru finish as Raph did keep watching her with his still pink cheeks. " just beyond the starry sky the rabbits on the moon... Wave and smile down the world below... Roll up all the thinking that make you sad and find all the things that make you happy..."
   There was a lot of clapping and yells as a few stood while clapping as Leo was some of the parent's standings when Raph sat there clapping his hands seeing Kiru. She was smiling so big and got her hands to over teacher other and place her hand on her lap and bows to them.
    But as soon as she stood back up that's when Raph saw it in her smile that this was going to be her passion and love was to sing.
    So once all the kids started to come on the stage all 27 kids as they talked to each other as Leo and the other parents sat down while the teacher got the mic and walked saying. " This year's contest was a lot more challenging than before... But we have the results to the three winners. "
    She had the envelope and opened it to pull out the paper as she. " first place is... Kiru Hamato!"
      almost every one cheered while the teacher then announced the second and third place kids as they too got a big cheer as they three stood together as Kiru looking at her parents and smiled big with pink cheeks.
    When they got cheered again and congratulated by the other kids as Kiru got to her dad's and ran over as they both hugged her. " I did it!"
     " That song was beautiful Kiru," Leo said as Raph brushed her hair back as she handed Raph her trophy. " can you hold this?"
     Raph grabbed the trophy then went to the other kids as they talked and laughed as Leo looked over seeing Raph as he kept looking at Kiru. " What's wrong?"
     Raph snapped out of it and looked over to Leo as he put on a smile and said. " nothing... For once in my life..."
    Raph then looked to Kiru smiling with her friends. " There is nothing wrong."
    Leo came closer and leaned to Raph's arm as they stood there watching their daughter.

~ ~ ~
     They got to Splinters as Kiru got out and went over to the door as Leo laughed. " Kiru hang on haha you got all night to talk about your win. "
     "I know! I'm just so excited!" she said jumping up and down while Raph said smirking. " I hope Mikey is here to clam her down tonight. "
    " Me too Raph," Leo said as they got over and opened the door as Kiru ran around as she wanted to find Splinter. " Kiru no running..."
    " Sorry!" she yelled thru the house and started to walk as she went to Splinter's dojo seeing his hitting there. Splinter opened his eyes and good up with his cane while he turned to Kiru as he saw her smiling. " What do you have there Kiru?"
    " I won grandpa..." she said smiling as she got her shoes off and went over to him as she handed him her trophy. " Can I give you my trophy?"
       Splinter looked confused but grabbed it and smile. " Yes, you can. But why would you want to give it to me? when your parents would love to have it."
     She smiled still to him as she got her hands together. " Because... You got my dad's together... And that got them to adopt me..."
     Splinter smiled and placed his hand on her head. " Thank you, my dear."