Chapter 9

"I don't understand, what do you mean evolving?" Kisuke closed his fan placing it on his folded legs as he spoke. You were making one of you weekly visit to Kisuke, things had been going fine so far until today. Lately your body had started to feel weird like a sort of pulsing so you had rushed over to him to verify what it could be. Your eyes filled with distress as he explained it to you.

"It seems your reiatsu is growing stronger, I won't be able to conceal it with my pills anymore." Kisuke admitted.

Your eyes trembled just thinking of the hollows, Ichigo had taught you how to defend yourself but doubt it would help against those monsters. You weren't anywhere close to a soul reapers strength.

Gripping your hands in your skirt your body shook. You couldn't hide at home for the rest of your life, even if you tried, they would get you. There was a big chance you could die. What would your parents do?

"I bet they wouldn't even notice if I was gone." you thought bitterly. Kisuke's eyes watched you keenly.

"I can help you control it, as well as protect yourself." You eyes shot open at his statement.

"Y-You can?!?" you questioned urgently. He nodded. "Before your body was a bit to weak, I thought the pills would keep you in check. I never anticipated your reiatsu would continue to grow. Now that it has increased you should be able to withstand my training."

You sat for a second just letting the information sink in. "So you can help me...get strong." He smiled. "Yes I can. At this rate your energy is just going to continue to grow, if you learn how to hone that power you may very well be able to take on a hollow."

"Wow...d-do you r-really think I can?" you questioned unsurly. Kisuke stood to his feet gesturing that you do the same. "You may not have noticed, but you've already began to improve. "

You didn't really think you could do what he had said but, where was the harm in trying? Kisuke seemed pretty sure and that was enough for you.

"Alright, When do we begin."

Time skip

You and Ichigo were walking back from school along with Rukia, Orihime, Uryuu and Chad. Keigo had left a while ago along with Tatsuke in the direction of their houses. You all walked in a small cluster talking among each other. Rukia was scolding Ichigo as usual as you and Orihime laughed at their little squabble. After a while of actively listening you had started to tune out their voices, lost in thought.

"I wonder if I could actually do it...become stronger." You shook any doubt remembering what Kisuke had told you.

"Your reiatsu is in tune with your emotions. If you have any doubts, you will falter."

"I have to be more confident!" you encouraged internally. You had been completely oblivious to the stare Ichigo directed at you. "I wonder what she's thinking about." he mused. He flushed lightly when you looked up suddenly catching his stare. You titled to your head to the side quizzically when he looked to the front quickly.

"Hmmm..?" you just continued to walk with everyone wit a small smile. You never imagined you would make such great friends. Life couldn't be better. 

"I'll do it, I'll get stronger." you encouraged.

A/N: I'm sorry for such a short chapter DX