Chapter 37

~Hueco Mundo~

"So when are we going to attack, I'm tired of this waiting shit. Those soul reaper bastards are not even going to expect it, let's go." The blue haired arrancar voiced in aggravation. Ulquiorra didn't say a word, just studied the impatient fool. "Aizen had advised that we go to the World of the Living to check on his creation. We aren't to interact with anyone just observe."

"Che, are you serious!" Ulquiorra nodded, eyes vacant."

"Fine whatever. I'm tired of sitting around this damn dessert. " The dark haired Espada stepped out the white building, watching down the dark skies of Hueco Mundo. As if on it's own, a black hole opened just above their heads. Tch, let's get this over with." Ulquiorra and Grimmjow jumped into the sky, moving towards the Garganta to enter Karakura Town.

~~~

"What do ya mean we have to train together! "Hiyori was fuming as she stared at you. You weren't exactly thrilled either. "(Y/N), so far the only people you have linked blades with are Hiyori and Ichigo. Therefore they are the ones you have the strongest connection with. We know why you linked with Ichigo." 

Your father's eyes moved to the orange haired male who swallowed at the look he received. "But I don't understand why you linked with Hiyori, you didn't have any prior connection with her, so why did you access her abilities and not anyone else?" you were actually wondering the same.

 "Have you tried linking with anyone else?" Kensei asked. You shook your head. 

"Then why not try, your abilities would be a great help in this upcoming battle." Shinji advised. He held out his sword for you to take. You gave Ichigo a look, unsure if you should. He smiled  encouragingly. You returned it, nodding as you moved towards Shinji.

Kai's eyes watched as you looked to Ichigo for comfort. He felt uneasy. He didn't dislike Ichigo, it was just the substitute soul reaper's unbalanced spiritual pressure that made him uncomfortable. "This kid has to much power that h isn't even aware of. I'll have to keep an eye on him." Ichigo didn't seem like the type who would switch sides, but Kai liked to be ready for anything. If Ichigo ever went against the soul society, it would take an army to stop him.

"One far stronger that what is needed for Aizen.." 

Aizen was powerful, but ignorant. He would never achieve true power, because he was always looking for it. Kai focused back on you.

"Seems I was letting my thoughts run wild." He watched as you took the blade from Shinji's hand.

You closed your eyes, focusing your reiatsu the same way you did when you entered Ichigo's inner world. For a while, everything around started to drown out, the area around you becoming unnatural quiet. Your body started to feel like it was floating. You took in a deep breath, searching for a flicker of energy. 

"I see it.." even though your eyes were close, you could see a bright glow ahead in the darkness around you. 

"Hello? Can you hear me? I'd like to borrow your strength if you're willing."

There was no reply, and for a second you thought maybe you just couldn't match with Shinji's blade. You smiled widely when you received a soft reply. 

"So it's true, you can communicate with us." you nodded, eyes still tightly shut.