Chapter 41

Ichigo growled, shoving Kai back forcefully as he drew his sword. He pointed his blade, eyes darkening. "You bring her back now!!"

"I won't, and no matter what you do you won't find her. You may be able to spot her reiatsu, that's impressive. But that won't help you. " Kai folded his arms when Ichigo squared his feet. He looked ready to attack.

" You can fight me, it won't change what's already been done. (Y/N) is my only daughter. I will not allow her to be killed because of the recklessness of you reapers. She shouldn't have to pay for their decisions." Ichigo's hands were trembling. "When this war is over, I'm going to take her away, we'll be leaving Karakura Town for good."

Orhime eyes shook and Ichigo eyes were wide in disbelief. "That bastard!!" Hichigo snarled.

"Calm down!! You're going to overwhelm Ichigo!" Zangetsu advised. When Zangetsu heard no reply from Ichigo he panicked slightly. "Ichigo! Ichigo listen to me, don't lose control!!" Zangetsu grunted. He could feel himself slipping.

Ichigo's hand tightened on the sword as a chilled breath escaped him. Kisuke turned, when he saw the small pieces of Ichigo's mask appearing. The blond male flashstepped in front of Orihime. Grabbing her by the shoulders, he took off again. Reappearing a further distance away.

"This battle is going to get dangerous, I need you to go and get Hachi and the others now. " Orihime didn't speak, she couldn't. She just nodded, taking off in the direction of the Visoreds home. "Ichigo needs to be back in his body. That way his hollow will stay in check. I need to get Kon.." And with that, Kisuke took off.

"No....NO!!!!!" Ichigo's tone became distorted as he shot forward in Kai's direction. Sword drawn he raised his hand to strike down the older male. Kai jumped back at the last second. Narrowly dodging the attack. Ichigo's blade slammed into the ground at the force. He frowned, yellow orbs moving in Kai's direction. The stare Kai received made him weary.

"I barely got away from that, and all he did was swing at me.." Kai was hovering in the air. Ichigo was still on the floor, eyes watching Kai with resent. "Give her back.." From the laboured tone of Ichigo's voice, Kai could tell the reaper was battling for control. "That's not going to happen. (Y/N) belongs with me. "She doesn't...bring...bring her..." Ichigo was growling now.

Kai couldn't even tell how much of Ichigo was still conscious. His eyes were filled with contempt. If he didn't know any better, it would seem that Ichigo would kill him if he didn't comply.

"I need to immobilize him quickly, this is getting dangerous." Kai's eyes narrowed when he saw the dark red energy seeping from Ichigo's blade. Without warning Ichigo charged, swinging his blade relentlessly. His anger only grew when he couldn't get within reach. Kai activated his shield, keeping Ichigo a good length away. It looked like Ichigo was attacking the air.

"If I falter for a second, he'll kill me." Kai had thought because of his significance to (Y/N), even with Ichigo's clear loss of control, he wouldn't cross that line. That was not the case. Ichigo's hollow mask had fully attached itself to his face. The way those yellow eyes looked at Kai, he knew. Right now, both Ichigo and his hollow counterpart, saw Kai as a threat that needed to be eradicated. Dark energy fired out from Ichigo's foot as he zoomed forward. Kai's eyes tracked the way his hand swung around, hoping to find a pattern. "All reapers have a strategized way of fighting. I just need to determine his and then I can stop this ridiculous fight. " Every lash that Ichigo directed made Kai unnerved. His eyes were fighting to keep up. "I-I dont' understand! H-His attacks are to erratic. I can't get solid defense ." Now he was worried. "I used a large amount of my reiatsu to stabilize (Y/N). This needs to end or I won't last."

"Listen to me, you need to-" Ichigo disappeared from sight. Kai arms raised defensively, tracking the prints of Ichigo's reiatsu. He turned to the left when he felt a spark. "Right there!!" Raising his fist, Kai prepared to attack from the front. The older male was unprepared when he heard a loud screech at the back of him. "W-What!! " Ichigo shot forward, striking Kai. The sword landed right between Kai's left shoulder. A sinister laugh left the orange haired reaper's lips. Topaz eyes gleaming.

Kai couldn't believe what happened. He gripped the edge of the blade, trying to prevent it from sinking any deeper into his flesh. Ichigo tightened his grip, putting pressure on the wound. A high pitched scream left Kai's throat when Ichigo's reiatsu started to spill out. Blood squirted as he got forced back to the ground. His body barreled towards the street at a dangerous speed. A crash resounded through the streets of Karakura Town.

Kai grunted, body crushed in the concrete. His shoulder was bleeding profusely, body now covered in scratches. A large amount of dust had gathered from the impact. Kai coughed up a mouthful of blood, trying to get his body out of the crater. He struggled to his feet, body trembling as he climbed slowly out of the ditch.

 His head turned when he heard metal dragging against concrete. He grimaced when he saw the bright haired walking slowly in his direction as he dragged his blade on the ground. A dark cackle left the hollowfied reaper's lips, mask still intact.

"I-It's seems you're too far gone now...y-you're not even asking for (Y/N) anymore.." Kai forced out. He held his abdominal, standing up straight.

No reply came from Ichigo. They were now standing face to face. Ichigo's hand raised about to strike Kai again. The older man closed his eyes. "I don't have the strength to evade, I'll have to endure the blow.." Ichigo's hand came crashing down. Kai held his breath, waiting for blow.

Both males were stunned when the sound of the metal being deflected echoed. Kisuke was stood in front of Kai, blocking Ichigo's blade with his own. "I would have never left, if I knew it would get this bad.." Kai chuckled despite his injuries. 

Ichigo released a distorted cry, putting more strength, trying to force his way through.

"Lock him down Hachi." Those were the only words said. Just like that an emerald force field enclosed itself right around Ichigo's feet.

Shinji, Lisa and Orhime appeared. Along with Hiyori. Hachi's hands were together as he watched the substitute reaper try relentlessly to break the barrier around his body. He was hitting continuously with his sword, screaming, But to no avail. Not so much as a crack appeared on the transparent box. 

"Block off this whole area Hachi, we don't need anymore casualties." The pink haired visored obeyed. A clear force field raised, extending for about eight hundred metres. A breeze blew, as the field suddenly became invisible. "No one will be able to track his reiatsu." Shinji nodded.

Orihime's eyes shook at Ichigo's state.

"Kurosaki-kun..."

When they heard a body collapse to the ground Orihime's eyes turned. Kai had passed out on the floor. When they looked at his body, it was then that they saw the severity of the injury. Kisuke's eyes widened when he saw the gash. Kai's arm had been almost completely severed from his body. It looked like not more than a few muscles were holding the limb to his body. Orihime's eyes welled up. "Orihime! You have to heal him now!! " She flinched, falling to her knees as she clutched her head in a panic. Flashes of your bleeding form, running through her head.

"N-No...."

Hachi's eyes shifted to the back of him. He moved one of his arms, still concentrating on keeping Ichigo bound. A green oval shape encased itself around Kai's body. The wounds on his body slowly started to mend themselves, causing the pink haired male to sigh in relief. Orihime was still trembling on the ground, eyes directed at the floor.

"This is a disaster..." Shinji voiced solemnly.