Chapter 29

Shinji watched as Orihime made quick at healing your wounds. His eyes were scanning you suspiciously. Not only had you been able to take on Hiyori but you even used her blade as if it were your own. Shinji wasn't a zampaktou specialist but he knew just enough. There had never been a scenario her had heard of where another was able to harness and even use the power of someone's zampaktou. These blades were linked with an individual's soul. You couldn't mimic that. Not even Aizen could pull that off.

"Who the hell is this girl?"

After the attack Hiyori was also unconscious, surprisingly. Unfortunately the attack had merely stunned her. About ten minutes later she woke up with an throbbing headache, clearly pissed.

"That dumb brat has some nerve using my sword like that!!! WHERE IS SHE??!!" Kensei moved quickly grabbing Hiyori in a headlock as she struggled yelling out profanities.

"Calm down, you stabbed her remember, she isn't like you Hiyori. I'm shocked she didn't pass out sooner honestly." Kensei remarked. Lisa looked down just as intrigued.

"She has a remarkable tolerance for pain." Hachi commented.

Orihime's eyes were trembling, your wounds weren't closing and she couldn't understand why. Ichigo was sitting over your body with pain in his eyes as he watched the gaping would in your stomach.

He looked up as Orihime's hands shook. His eyes moved to the yellow barrier that shielded your body. Orihime had been doing this for five minutes now and you were still bleeding heavily.

"Why isn't her wounds healing?" Zangetsu's voice was laced with worry.

"O-Orihime, why aren't you.."

The red head female shook her head. Tears were dripping unto the barrier as she spoke.

"I-It won't close K-Kurosaki-kun..." Orihime sobbed lightly, trying the hardest to keep her body from trembling. She was struggling to keep the barrier up.

Hiyori stopped struggling when she saw your battered form. "Heh, serves her right!" she yelled. Kensei released her with a frown. "You went overboard, she's just a human Hiyori." The blond Visored just scoffed turning her head.

Ichigo's eyes were sharp as he turned to the female. "SHUT UP!!" he yelled eyes once again slowly filling with black. He fell to his knees, breathing labored. 

"You hurt her...." Ichigo growled. They all noticed the familiar distorted tone that was now evident in his voice. The grip on his sword tightened.

Shinji's eyes hardened when he realized what was happening.

"Damn it Ichigo! Now is not the time." All the other Visoreds became alert at the change in his voice. Hachi stood in front to block Orihime, just in case things got out of hand.

"It's your fault she might die....I'll kill you." A high pitched shriek left Ichigo's mouth as he fired in Hiyori's direction, mask partially on, eyes a cold yellow. A sickening snarl was on his lips, not the usual blood thirsty smirk that was always on his lips when he was hollowfied. 

Hiyori flinched at the pace he was coming at, preparing herself to block. After her last encounter with Ichigo's hollow side she wasn't really keen on interacting with it again.

"This is a problem....that fool....she managed to tick of both of them off.." Shinji grimaced.

Kensei sidestepped in front of Hiyori, grabbing Ichigo's hand that held the blade as he delivered a powerful punch to the reaper's stomach. A strangled gasp escaped him as he fell forward. Kensei still had a strong hold on the male's wrist. He released a sigh when he saw the mask started to crack as it shattered in the air. Moments later Ichigo eyes turned blank, body falling unconscious. Kensei grunted dropping his body.

"K-Kurosaki- kun!" Shinji turned in Orihime's direction. "He's fine don't worry."

Shinji was relieved. "One less problem to deal with." He turned back to your bleeding form.

"Orihime, let Hachi try and heal her wounds." Orihime looked up with hopeful eyes. 

"A-Alright." releasing her barrier she stepped back as Hachi moved forward.

The pink haired man sat down as the as his emerald kido surrounded  you on the floor. Your eyes were still shut, breath barely escaping as the wound continued to bleed.

Hachi's eyes looked closely at your body catching the small spark of light that triggered when he produced his barrier. He gasped when his green orb surrounding your body cracked.

"W-What...?"

In a second the entire barrier collapsed, dissolving into the air. Hachi just sat there looking shocked.

"What's wrong?" Lisa questioned. Hachi stood.

"Her body.....it's rejecting my kido."

"A-Are you serious!" Hachi nodded at Shinji turning to Orihime. "Have you ever healed her before?" Orihime. "Y-Yes many times, t-this has never happened before." She said shakily clenching her fists to her chest.

"The first time you healed her, did your barrier break?" Orihime looked thoughtful before her eyes widened.

"I-It did!! When Ichigo had brought her the first time we met. She was screaming and my barrier broke almost immediately." Her eyes lowered to your figure. Your face was turning pale, she couldn't even tell if you were still breathing. "B-But what does that mean....is she.." Orihime's voice faltered. 

"Is she going to die..."

Shinji wanted to reassure Orihime that everything would be fine but...at this rate things weren't looking to good. Hachi was by far the best kido user he knew, if he couldn't heal you who could?

"Her body is rejecting you cause she thinks you're a threat." They all turned in alarm at the sudden voice.

Kensei gritted his teeth, at the unfamiliar male that stood by the gaping hole Hiyori had created when she pitched out.

"These freaking humans keep popping up like flies. First Orihime found us, then (Y/N), now this guy." 

Shinji's  felt like he was getting a migrane. "I better deal with this quick." He thought eyes moving back to the male.