Chapter 57

The growing smile on your face fades when you feel the familiar pulse of energy from Aizen's blade. "N-NO!!" you looked back at a female reaper is now in Aizen's place.

"What the hell are you guys doing!!!" Ichigo yell. They all seem to realize. The illusion is fading.

"B-But how!!" Shinji demands.

Before anyone can react Aizen is on the street. He swipes his blade, taking down Izuru and Iba. You gasp. Toshiro screams in agony, cause he's now holding a bleeding reaper in his arms. From his desperate look you can tell it's someone he cares about. He places her down and charges ahead, with Shinji, Soifon and Shunsui following.

In the blink of an eye they are all slashed. All you see is blood crossing your view. Your entire world stops when the reality of the situation gets you.

"Everyone is being killed.." Toshiro's ice is slowly melting as he falls. Ichigo has a similar look on his face. You can see the blood dripping off Aizen's blade. "This was always how it would end." he states turning. Ichigo is standing in front of you protectively with his hands raised.

You anticipate he's about to take his shot at taking on Aizen and you grip his arm in terror. Before he can move you feel the heat surrounding the area,  and you notice Yamamoto. His zampaktou flaming. "Seems you're too late, your captains have all been defeated. " Yamamoto doesn't look fazed. He releases his attack and large tendrils of fire seem to have erupted from the earth. Yamamoto has gotten a grip on Aizen's arm, and he clenches the limb. "Prepare yourself, you will die with me in this blazing inferno!!"

"You hear that, he's willing to sacrifice you all, just to prove he'd be the one to defeat me." Aizen says. Your eyes are shaky.

"Watch out, behind you!!" Ichigo yells. And you hear the incoherent babble. You see the figure of Wonderwise. The arrancar grabs his blade asYamamoto strikes.

"His flames..they're gone." you mutter.

"They were extinguished by Wonderwise. This is the sole purpose he was created. He's the perfect weapon." Aizen explains. Yamamoto is now left facing off Wonderwise. He's holding his own in the fight. You watch as he brutally rips off Wonderwise's arms, then proceeds to crush his body. Before long Wonderwise is left as nothing more than pieces in the rubble.

Aizen is talking and you can partially hear what he's saying. A sense of urgency floods when you notice Yamamoto is tense now, he turns in recognition of Aizen's words as and your hold tightens on Ichigo when you see the light now rising from Wonderwise's remains. Yamamoto dives forward just as the explosion goes off. Ichigo holds you close trying to get the both of you at a distance. The amount of fire that rises from the flames is remarkable. You have to cover your eyes, burying your face into Ichigo's chest. When the fire dissipates, The head captain is on the ground in a crater, badly burned. "Damn you.." he groans out.

Yamamoto approaches, unsheathing his blade. "He's g-going to kill him!" That's what you think but something happens you can't see very well from your distance but you notice the wave of energy erupting in the space where he stood. When the dust clears, Ichigo looks down.

"I-Is he.."

"He's still alive. " you say with regret. "I can still feel Aizen's blade. " you stated. "A-And there is something different about his spiritual pressure.."

"Foolish human, he'll destroy you with the Hogyoku." Your head whips to the side. His zampaktou spirit is talking to you.

"H-How did I not feel this before!!" you cry out. Ichigo is looking at you in confusion.

"T-The Hogyoku.." you whimper.

Now Ichigo was on guard. It's just the two of you left, and you can no longer fight.

"What a waste." you and Ichigo flinch at the sound and you spin around. Aizen is just a few feet away from you. Aizen's clothing is ripped badly. He pulls it to the side and reveals a dark blue light, a sphere of some sort embedded in his stomach. He moves in a slow fashion and Ichigo clenches his teeth.

"I saved you for last. " he grins, taking his time. "I'm going to make you watch Ichigo Kurosaki, when I kill the one you care most about." Ichigo's eyes widen and his first response is to grab you and get you out of there. Aizen appears behind you and you barely have time to turn fully and see the blade coming straight for you. Ichigo's eyes are filled with fear. 

"(Y-Y/N)!!!!!!" He cries out for you.