Chapter 3 ~I would never disrespect a teacher...~

Yay. Detention. Who doesn't love it?!
I walked up to the stairs to Umbridge's office, an emotionless, straight expression planted on my face. I will do this! Whatever will happen she won't win!

I knocked.
"Come in!," I heard Umbridge's sugar sweet voice call from inside the office.
I had to fight off the urge to roll my eyes and entered the room confidently.
"Miss (y/l/n), have a seat. I want you to write something down for me," Umbridge explains, while I walked in.
I did as she commanded and sat down.
She passed me a quill and a piece of parchment and I already knew what her intentions where. I heard of her methods and that she herself invented this quill, which was writing with the person's blood, who used it.
"You shall write the sentence" I shall not talk back to my teachers. " as many times, as it takes for the message to get internalized by your little mind," Umbridge said, with her high-pitched voice.
"Very well," Professor", " I replied stretching the last part.

She just smiled evilly at me. I would definitely not give her the reaction she wanted to see. There would be no hissing, being surprised or showing pain. She wouldn't win!
I started to write, as she examined me closely. I could feel the magic of the quill cutting into my hand absorbing my blood to use it as ink.

I stayed focused and neither moved a muscle of my face nor made any sound. Much to Umbridge's dissatisfaction. After about an hour. I heard her cleaning her trough.
"Have you understood the message jet?," she asked, hoping for me to give up and beg her for mercy, but I didn't even think about it.
"I would never disrespect a teacher...," I said and her face grew bright. "but since you are just some ministry person, I can't say the same about you," I said now imitating her smile.

For a moment I saw how she thought about slapping me right across the face, but then she caught herself.
"Well, another hour may help you to learn how to shut that smart mouth of yours," she hissed.
"It would be my pleasure," I responded now ice cold again.
And so I had to write another hour. My hand started to heavily bleed and swell up. But I didn't back down.

"It's getting quite late. You shall go, but don't forget what you learned here today," Umbridge announced. I stood up, still an emotionless expression on my face, and walked straight out of the door.

Shit! This didn't only hurt like hell it was also a more or less serious injury. Damn! I handed back to the dungeons to get into my room. I felt dizzy and decided to immediately treat my wound. All of the girls in my dormitory were asleep, so I was able to perform a healing spell on my hand and put some self-made cream on it. This would have to do. If I was lucky it would be barely visible by tomorrow. I was exhausted so I laid down on my bed and immediately fell asleep.