Chapter 60 ~a friend~

The lessons worked out great. I had developed a mixture of Minerva's and Severus teaching styles. Some students had to be punished from time to time but it actually worked out well. Professor Snape had given me his old office and chambers. I had left everything as he had kept it. It gave me a feeling of safety. We talked several times since the term had begun he had been distant but since I was the only one, who knew what was going on he had actually talked to me.
It was midday. I just had my last lesson for today.
Deciding to pay the headmaster a visit I walked up to the headmaster's office, which Severus had barely left since the beginning of the year he was either of trying to help potter or receiving orders from Dumbledores portrait.
"Dumbledore, " I mumbled to the Gargoyle. Professor Snape had given me the password... And me only.
I walked up the staircase and knocked on the door. Nothing. Alright, let' see what's going on in there...
"Professor?" I softly asked, not getting any response. That worried me. He had done his best protecting all students from the Carrows often sending students into the forbidden forest with Hagrid or to me as a punishment.
I opened the door completely stepping in. It was silent in the office. Very silent. And there stood Severus in the opening staring outside.
I stepped up to him.
"Severus, " I softly mumbled placing a hand on his arm. He barely moved.
"What is it (y/n)?" He asked quietly.
"I just wanted to make sure you were fine... Or at least as fine as you could possibly be..." I stepped up closely.
Okay, there was a high chance he would hex me but this was what he actually needed. I took my other arm holding onto his. Placing head against his shoulder.
"What do you think you're doing?" He hissed, obviously stiffening.
"Supporting a friend, " I gave back drily. I didn't get a response, but neither did I get pushed away.

A/N: What do you think? 🥺