Chapter 78 ~Minerva's offer~

*knock knock*
I stood up from the table opening the balcony door, letting in the beautiful owl that was knocking on it.
"Hello, sweetie what do you got?"
The owl jumped onto my table.
"whoo"
I took the letter from it passing it a treat out of the treat jar.
"Thank you"
The owl ate the treat flying out of the door again.
"It's from Hogwarts..."
"Hogwarts?" Severus raised an eyebrow.
"Yes, indeed." I sat back down opening the letter.
"She is offering us our jobs back," I breathed.
"us?"
I handed Severus the letter. He took it and read through it.
"I don't know what I should think about this," he mumbled looking back up at me.
I kneeled down in front of his chair, placing my hands on his taking the letter down.
"You don't have to do this. I know how much trauma Hogwarts holds for you," I looked deep into his black orbs.
"I understand if you decide not to take her offer. I would go back but if you want me to I can also take another job. It shouldn't be a problem considering my finals average," I reassuringly smiled. I really wanted to go back to Hogwarts but I also understood him. He had been forced to take the potions post to fulfill Dumbledore's demands. He had to kill Dumbledore there, saw the love of his life fall for another man, was bullied, almost died...
My thoughts must have been visible on my face because in the next moment I got pulled onto the potions masters lap.
"There are also some good memories Hogwarts holds," he said taking a strain of my hair behind my ear.
"Don't worry so much you will only break your pretty little head about it," he gently said while brushing his fingers over my cheek.
"But I understand. I get that you don't want to go back..."
"Well, Minerva offered me the defense against the dark arts post. Now with the dark lord gone they were able to break his curse. It wouldn't only be temporary therefore I should really consider going back."
"Severus you had to kill your only friend there, you almost died and you had to watch the love of your life wander off with another man. I totally understand if you would prefer to not go back," my voice cracked slightly, I hated to mention Lily but my mind was realistic enough to know that I couldn't reach her level.
"So you had a boyfriend at Hogwarts? That's weird because I always thought that you never saw your classmates as equals but rather as kids," he stated dryly. For a moment I was taken aback. What did he mean? Then it hit me like a raising train.
"I wasn't talking about myself, and you damn well know that."
"But I was," he gave back seriously pulling me in for a kiss.
"Severus I'm not an idiot. I know that you-"
"Apparently you are an idiot," he interrupted me.
"Are you actually blind or are you just not able to see the most obvious things?" His words hit me hard.
"My loss made me feel like I could never love anyone like that again. I believed I would be consumed by my love for Lilly until the day I dye but then you stepped into my life and you always been different more cheek but still way more respectful than others. So I respected you but then one day you stood on that opening in front of Riddle manor and you joined the death eaters, all while keeping your composure, all while giving me the feeling that someone cared about me, all while making me feel loved. And that made me realize that you were special. I never realized that I had begun to move on not even when my Patronus started to change... Only when I was laying on that floor you sobbing over my chest that's when I realized how much you meant to me. I met Albus as I passed... And he practically shoved it into my face... " 
Tears had started to form in my eyes and made their way across my cheeks only to drip down onto my blouse.
"I... I'm sorry," I cocked up wiping my face but he stopped me taking down my trembling hands wiping the tear away with his own.
"It's alright," he mumbled hugging me carefully.
"I love you..." I sobbed silently.
"Me too... darling, me too," he mumbled slightly letting go of me.
"You should write a letter to Minerva, don't you think?"
"So you're going back with me?" I looked up at him with hope in my teary eyes.
"Yes, indeed. Someone has to teach those dunderheads some manners," he chuckled slightly.
I was too overwhelmed to respond instead I just wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.
"Are you sure about it? You don't have  to do this for me."
"I know, but I want to do it."

A/N: Today my tortured little soul needed some fluff. 😂😂
I guess we'll see each other back at Hogwarts soon... 🐍🖤