Chapter 33 ~cloak~

I hadn't talked much to professor Snape ever since the night of the astronomy tower.
Dumbledore had a talk with me about the subject. Once again making it really clear to me that I wasn't in charge of my life no more.
He had left this morning to go and search for something. He never told me what he was searching for but it had to be related to defeating the dark lord.
Today was also Slughorn's Christmas party. Of course, I was invited but I definitely didn't want to go there. But since it was my last year at Hogwarts I decided to go anyways because I didn't want to mess up my final grade.
I didn't put in too much effort. I was going alone and planned to excuse myself after half an hour.
Putting on the only dress I owned, combined with my basic black heels, a choker, and some nice but not too fancy makeup would do.

Even though my dress had lace sleeves it wasn't enough to cover up the dark mark

Even though my dress had lace sleeves it wasn't enough to cover up the dark mark. My scares yes, but not the mark. So I cast an illusion spell in it making it disappear.
Okay, this was actually decent!
I didn't put on my cloak since I wasn't going to leave the castle and walked right up to Slughorn's stupid party.
When I walked into the room the old potions teacher immediately grabbed my arm pulling me aside.
"Miss (Y/l/n), great that you made it!" He was overly excited and pulled me over to where Potter and some more of his favorite students were standing.
"Harry! Have you meet Miss (y/l/n) over here?" he asked the boy who lived.
"We haven't had the chance to talk much before, " Potter replied.
"Pitty! I believe both of you would understand each other perfectly."
"With all due respect sir, I don't believe mister Potter would enjoy discussing potions with me, " I dryly gave back.
"But Harry is one of my best students. I believe you two would have enlightening conversations "
"I prefer reading books."
Potter gave me a weird look and Slughorn started laughing.
"You remind me of a lot of professor Snape when I taught him but only he wasn't as good looking, " he laughed.
I and Potter cringed at the same time.
Potter got himself out of the conversation with the old potions teacher, who was now telling me stories about his former now-famous students, which I couldn't care less about.
I looked around trying not to yarn at his talking. When my sight fell on the door professor Snape was just entering it. He walked up to the curtains, which Potter was hiding behind. I kept my eyes on him seeing how McLager threw up right in front of his feet. Ew.
Snape told Potter something then turned to leave when all of a sudden Draco Malfoy entered the room being dragged by Filch.
Professor Snape escorted Malfoy Jr. out and faster than anyone could look, Potter sneaked out behind them.
"I'm really sorry to interrupt you sir but I need to powder my nose, " I told the still babbling Slughorn leaving the party.
I followed Potter, who was following the two Slytherins.
He hid behind a wall while Snape slammed Malfoy against one in the next corridor.
"What are you-" Potter asked when he spotted me.
"Sht!" I hissed listening closely to what the conversation was about. When the professor and Malfoy left I turned to Potter.
"One word to anyone about me being here and you were the boy who lived, " I hissed at him.
"Another arrogant Slytherin trying to threaten me?!" Potter bit back.
"No, but when Malfoy finds out that I heard this. I won't be able to use it against him no more, " I said acting as if I was on his side just trying to mock the little Malfoy brat.
"Why would you want to use something against your fellow Slytherin friend?" He asked sarcastically.
"Beyond your believe not every Slytherin is a fan of Draco Malfoy. He's a little brat thinking he could run this place... And next time he's going to get smart with me I'll let him know what I know about him now and hopefully he will shut his mouth, " I acted it out perfectly.
"Whatever, " Potter said leaving. He really bought the whole thing thinking I didn't make any sense of it.
I went down to the dungeons in a fast paste. I had to talk to professor Snape right now.
When I reached the door to his office I immediately knocked like a maniac.
The door swung open and there stood the professor an annoyed expression on his face.
"Good evening, professor. May I please come in for a moment?" I asked softly and politely.
He nodded his facial expressions still tense but not as annoyed anymore.
I stepped inside and he closed the door behind me.
I looked him straight in the eyes trying to figure out if this was a good idea.
"I need you to not freak out or jump to any straight action, " I said as softly as possible not wanting him to tick off right away.
"What have you done?" He asked. His body had tensed up and he was clearly uneasy but somehow still unfocused.
"I followed you and the Malfoy kid and wait before you say anything I already knew there was something off and was worried-"
"Have gone completely insane?" He was clearly angry at me.
"When I saw Potter following you and the way Malfoy behaved I couldn't help myself."
"Potter was there two? This stupid, ignorant, little-" he opened the door ready to head out but I grabbed his arm with both of my hands pulling him back making him stumble into me slightly. Then I pushed him against the door to close it with his back.
"Listen to me, " I said clearly but not harsh.
"Potter is always doing stupid stuff like that. You wouldn't have known if I wouldn't have been there and it would be foolish to confront him. He's already making up the strongest things in his mind, being sure that you are the source of all evil if you jump onto this right now you'll just give him more of a reason to do so!"
I said still holding onto his arm just in case he wouldn't listen to me.
He seemed to clear up and understand where I was coming from but he still looked uneasy.
"Is that all?" He asked a bit hoarse.
"No. You need to talk to me. What is going on with Malfoy and what did you vow? I'm in this whole mess too I need to know."
"Even if I wanted to I couldn't tell you, " he gave back pushing me away and getting my hands off of his arm.
"Dumbledore, " I said.
"I beg your pardon?"
"Dumbledore. He knows what's going on but he doesn't want me to know, " I replied.
Snape didn't say anything.
Then he cleared his through.
"Don't you want to go back to the party, Miss (y/l/n)? I'm sure your date is desperately waiting for you, " he said monotone.
"I'd much prefer not to and why do you know about my date that not even I know about? This might work with your other crazy little students but I'm too antisocial to use that trick on me, " I gave back humorless.
"Since you won't tell me anything anyway I guess I'll just head off to bed. But please do me one favor. Don't get yourself killed. I'd miss the nasty sarcastic lines, " I added sarcastically.
Leaving the office without waiting for a reply. No one wanted to tell me what was going on? Fine! Then I'll just figure it out myself.
I already knew I wouldn't be able to sleep. So I decided to go up onto the astronomy tower. Because I wouldn't get past the guards in front of the main entrance.
"I don't have to jump down again. Just stand around a bit and enjoy the fresh air, " I sarcastically mumbled to myself.
I left and headed towards the astronomy tower trying to calm myself down.
I walked up the steps. For some reason, I didn't have the heavy feeling you would expect to have when you walk up to the place you almost committed suicide at. I actually liked this place... It was so silent up here, so peaceful. The only thing I could bear was the wind. I walked up to the balustrade and took in the view. It was terribly cold up here and I was only wearing my short dress... But I wouldn't be able to fall asleep and I didn't want to go back to the party.
Why not sing a bit when I'm already up here and nobody can hear me...