Chapter 63 ~I said no such thing~

Since Halloween Severus and I hadn't really talked much. He avoided me and always keep his distance today it was Christmas eve and I decided to do it like last year and bring him his gift. I had wrapped the book I had given him last year and added another one. It was about ancient defense and offense spells and had been quite expensive... But it was extremely good. I walked up to the headmaster's office and right up the stairs. *knock-knock*
"Enter."
"Good evening Severus. I came to bring your gift over, " I told him while stepping in.
"My gift?" He asked.
"Indeed." I handed him the package.
He got up from his stool and walked over to a shelf, pulling out a dark green box.
"Well, then I believe I should also hand you this, " he told me walking over to me.
I took the present out of his hands.
"Have a seat." I sat down in front of the writing desk.
"Open it?" I asked him. He raised an eyebrow then went ahead and opened the present. He looked up at me.
"Thank you."
"You are very welcome, but please keep it this time," I almost begged.
"I will, " he gave back now starting at me.
"Might as well open this one up then..." I opened his present up. It was a potions book. Obviously, a used on. I opened the book only to find little side notes on each and every side. I rode one of them.
"Easier to understand in context to it's purpose." Those were instructions on how to teach things from the book to students... This must be one of his books...
"Thank you so much!" I breathed.
Looking up at Severus.
He huffed.
"It's not that special."
"To me, it is, " I replied in a soft yet euphoria filled voice.
"(Y/n), why don't you stay for a bit?" I all of a sudden heard Dumbledore's voice ask.
"Severus and I are pretty lonely."
I looked at Severus, who looked like he was about to set the portrait on fire.
"Judged by Severus look he would prefer me leaving, " I said getting up.
"I didn't say such thing, " I heard Severus voice coming from behind me. So I turned around and sat back down.

A/N: opinions? 🥺🐍🖤