Chapter 43

After sitting in a comfortable silence for ten more minutes, Me. Schue said that it would be better for everyone if they would go home and get some rest.

-What is going to happen to Jonathan?-Simon asked when they walked out from auditorium. Alec, Magnus, Jace, Clary, Simon, Izzy, Philip and Mr. Schue were walking to the exit while others were still in auditorium, because they decided that they wanted to be together for a little longer. Alec immediately looked at Philip when Simon finished asked the question, he was looking down on the floor, but Alec knew that he wasn't in his thoughts.

-I don't know. He might go to jail, after what he did... But the fact that he's not eighteen yet, that might cause troubles.-Mr. Schue said with tired voice.

-No, he is. He turned eighteen last week.-Jace said and Alec looked at him with confused face.-Boys were talking about girls at his birthday party. But don't worry, I wasn't there.

-Regionals isn't going to be tomorrow?-Magnus said and wrapped his hands around Alec's arm.

-No, it's not going to be. School is canceled for a week, it might be in two weeks. Committee decided that it will be the best for kids to rest a while after everything they've been through. We couldn't ask them to sing and dance on the stage after what happened.-Mr. Schue said.

-Thank you for letting me be with you in the auditorium. It really helped.-He said with broken voice. Alec smiled sadly and after giving him a little hug, Philip went to his mother's car. Alec noticed only then that Maryse, Julia, Jocelyn, Elaine and Celine were still standing in the schoolyard. Everyone told them to go home before going to the auditorium, but they demanded that they would wait for them. Group told goodbye to Mr. Schue because they weren't going to see him for a week and then walked to their parents.

-Maybe we should meet tomorrow? I don't think that locking ourselves in room and thinking about what happened will help.-Clary said and everyone looked at each other.

-It's a very good idea. In Java Jones at 5 pm?-Alec said and asked Maryse with his eyes if it was okay. Of course, everyone agreed, because no one wanted their kids to lock in themselves and not talk to even their own friends. After saying goodbyes, Jace, Clary and Simon with their parents went to opposite direction, because they were living on the other side of the town, and others sat in the Maryse's car. Alec had his hand on Magnus's waist and they were also holding hands. Sometimes, Izzy would look at them and thank the Angel that his brother was this happy. She didn't even want to imagine, what would have happened, if Magnus got shot or worse... Alec would die inside and this is the last thing, Izzy wants. No one said anything on the whole way home, but Alec sighed sadly when they stopped in front of Magnus's house. All he wanted to do after today, was to hug his boyfriend and fall asleep beside him. Of course, Maryse noticed that none of them wanted to leave each other's side.

-Magnus, you can come with us and stay today if you want and if it's okay for your mom.-Magnus looked at Julia with puppy eyes and of course she couldn't say no. She thanked Maryse and walked inside. Alec almost shouted from happiness when he realized that he could hug Magnus the whole day. After a few minutes, they all got out and walked into Lightwood's house. As soon as they went inside, Max ran to them like a crazy and hugged Alec's legs.

-I was so worried!-He almost cried. Alec and Izzy kneeled in front of him and hugged him tightly.

-He even asked me to take him to school.-Suddenly Robert came out from the kitchen. Despite everything, Alec was still happy that Robert was there.

-Dad? What are you doing here?-Izzy looked at him with wide eyes but still went to hug him.

-I came here as soon as I heard what happened. I wanted to come to school, but first I decided to check on Max and Cat said that it was emergency and she needed to go to hospital, so I had to stay with Max and Madzie. How are you?-Robert said and they walked to living room.

-We're... fine. Dad, this is Magnus.-Alec said and Robert looked at him with wide eyes, when he realized that this was THAT Magnus.-My boyfriend...

-It's great to meet you, Magnus. Alec didn't stop talking about you in New York...

-Okay! That's enough!-Alec shouted and dragged Magnus to his room.

-USE PROTECTION!-Izzy shouted from living room and Alec felt how he blushed like a crazy.

-WE'RE BOTH BOYS, ISABELLE! WE CAN'T GET EACH OTHER PREGNANT!-Magnus shouted back.