Chapter 70

*5 month later. June. They day of Nationals.*

Alec was sitting on the auditorium stage, thinking about how long this day was going to be. First nationals, and then graduation. The time went so fast he couldn't even realize that this was his last year in high school. After everything that happened, Magnus cheating, Hannah getting raped, almost being kicked out from the football team, Maryse's wedding, Bryce going to jail... He wasn't even surprised that these five months went that quickly. The only thing that was worrying Alec was final exam in math. He finished it an hour ago and teacher told him to go back for a grade in one and half hour.

So, Alec was sitting there, looking at empty chairs and thinking about... Everything. After that fight in the school hallway between Alec and Bryce, the reason why the half of the jocks and others were suspended from school for three days, Hannah decided that it was time for go and tell the police. Actually, Mrs. Lewis talked to her, told her that everyone she loved was by her side, that Bryce would go to jail, that she would get the justice she deserved and maybe Bryce wouldn't do this to other girls too. After a few minutes of thinking, Hannah decided that the first person she needed to tell was her mom. Alec went with her to the house, he was in Hannah's room while she was telling her mom what happened and when he returned to the living room, she saw that they were both crying. Olivia called Hannah's father, despite everything he had done, he still needed to know, and right after he came home, four of them went to police station. Alec asked a woman if they could talk to Luke and while Hannah was telling what happened with shaky voice, Alec wasn't letting go of her hand. That day, when he went home with Luke, Maryse announced, well she only told Alec because Max and Izzy already knew, that she and Luke were getting married. At first, Alec was in complete shock but then he stood up at the speed of light and hugged Maryse tightly.

When Alec and boys were allowed to return to school, everyone was acting like nothing has happened. After a first lesson, cops came in school and arrested Bryce in front of everyone, Alec didn't get why it took them so long but that wasn't important anymore. He was standing there, holding Hannah's hand and watching Bryce in eyes, who could clearly remember Alec's words after the fight. In few hours, Jessica came to Hannah and told her that she was extremely sorry for what happened to her and that it all was her fault. After a few minutes of telling Jessica that it wasn't her fault, Hannah told her that she still couldn't forgive her what she did to her. Alec started thinking about his talk with Magnus about his forgiveness. He was in the auditorium, lying on the stage, which was the normal thing him to do, and he felt like his head was going to explode, but suddenly, Mr. Schue came inside and looked at him with wide eyes, why he was lying on the stage. Alec explained to him what was going on, starting with going to New York, finishing with fight three days ago.

-I get what you're feeling, my ex-wife cheated on me too and it was awful, of course I didn't forgive her because I realized that our relationship was always toxic, but what you and Magnus have is real. If anyone can make if through, it's you two and there's nothing you two can't work out. I know you're hurting, I know you can't fully trust him like you were before, but that love you have for him didn't disappear and it never will. He's the love of your life, it's never easy to forget your first love, when everything first you had was with him. I'm not forcing you to do anything, this is your life, your choices and your consequences. If you still love Magnus, deep down you know that you still can forgive him and I can see it in your eyes that you want that very badly. Life is short, Alec. We shouldn't waste our time in stuff that is bringing us pain. If you want to forgive Magnus, you should do that. Listen to your heart, not your brain, even though brain sometimes is right.-Mr. Schue said and Alec looked at him with teary eyes. It took Alec five month, five month, to be sure that he really wanted to be with Magnus again. The next day, Alec ran to the choir room but Magnus wasn't there, he looked at him everywhere and then saw him walking to the table in cafeteria. Right when he put his food down, Alec made him turn around unexpectedly and kissed him passionately. Everyone was looking at them with wide eyes, especially Hannah, Izzy and Jace.