7

chingu

when the bell rang everyone started running out of the class, probably wanting to get out the boring lecture.

the class was now empty and i started slowly heading out to the cafeteria. i walked into the cafeteria being amazed my how big it is. i saw a table for two empty by the window and decided to sit there. alongside a view of a huge beautiful tree with pink pastel flowers scattered across each branch.

but before i could take another step i felt my head being hit lightly.

i rubbed my head only to find another girl also wining in pain. i guess i didn't see where i was going. she said sorry as i did too while helping me up from the ground. i stood up to face the girl and squinted my eyes to realise i know this girl and she did the same.

"jae," i said confusingly. "aera!! oh my gosh i can't believe it's you." she said with jumping with a smile while hugging me.

"come lets sit while we eat our lunch, lets catch up and i apologise for bumping into you." i smiled and we both sat down to continue our conversation.

"so what brings you here?" she asked.

"well my dad's work brought me here and i guess it's alright since i wanted to start a new journey." i said with a blank tone.

"i hope your doing well. its been a while, im sorry we didn't keep in contact it's just been so hectic moving and i just didn't have the time" jae said apologetically.

"no don't apologise it's not your fault you had family issues, im just really glad to meet you again," i said.

"thank you for understanding as always," jae said smiling.

"well cheers for a meeting again and a new beginning for aera," jae shouted and we both just laughed for her being too loud.

i met jae when we were both five years old at school, since then we remained good friends and to be honest my only friends. im really glad to have met jae again. she knows me so well and seen me through my best and worst. im so thankful for everything she's done and helped me with. we're literally like sisters and we did everything together. i felt like part of me came back since i met her again. she's like my other half and i guess destiny brought us back and our friendship.

things happen for a reason i guess. but as of now i think im doing well so far.