12

halmeoni

"aera i have some special news to tell you," dad smiled at me and a furrowed my eyebrows at him curiously.

"we will be transferring halmeoni from the hospital from busan to seoul, so we can look after her better and you can also drop by after school to see her sometimes," dad said.

"NO WAY DAD I LOVE YOUUU," i jumped with so much joy after i heard that.

"the transfer will happen on the weekend so you can see her by the end on this week," he said and after that i couldn't stop smiling.

after my mother died, yes i was close to my dad but grandma was the closest person i ever had after the loss. when we heard the news that mother died through a heart attack, things back at home didn't go quite well. eventually things started going back to normal but i was never really over it and i still try my best to hide it. but i know dad is still hurting every single day since mother left. honestly i don't know how dad still manages to live normally with a smile on his face, it's so hard.

we moved to seoul for dads new job but to also start a new fresh life. well i'm not too sure about that one. after jae moved and mother gone, i felt so alone and broken. as for dad he was more heart broken than i was. he wasn't in his right state, he did everything as usual but didn't eat, sleep or even talk to me properly. which is probably why i got so close with grandma.

before mother passed, grandma was already sick in the hospital. i'm still so grateful that she's still here. she was the only person i talked to about everything. she helped me through so much when no one else could. she supported me through my lost moments, giving me advice and being there always when needed, even when she was sick. we talked and talked not realising we've been talking for hours. she spent many seasons in the hospital and a few years in the hospital. she loved the snow so i would take her out for a bit sometimes to see the snow. i don't know how she's so calm about everything and even her poor state. i admire her so much and she's someone i want to be like. strong and so kind hearted.

we've been through a lot as a family and i guess i'm okay with where we are right now. but i'm just really glad that i get to see her again after a while.