65

grown up

you sat in the hospital room after school as halmeoni was still sleeping. you held her hand as you were reminded earlier this morning before you left for school, saying goodbye to your dad.

she slowly opened her eyes. "hello how is my aera doing?"

"i'm doing well," aera smiled.

"i know your father left but i know he's doing it for you. stay strong always no matter what, always follow what you heart tells you to do, your going to be grown up soon," halmeoni quietly said.

"as much i want to hide it i'm not ready for the outside world yet," aera explained.

"oh aera you've already been through a lot, your still standing today so you can face anything that comes in your way. i know the next few months of transitioning may be hard without your dad and moving into university. so please promise me that you'll look after yourself and choose yourself first."

"of course halmeoni, i promise," aera nodded her head.

"i have to go now i'm meeting jae at my house for dinner, i love you see you later," aera hugged her.

"okay have fun i love you too," she kissed her by the cheek smiling.

-

later after visiting halmeoni at aera's house, the two girls hung out together.

"girl it's your birthday tomorrow i can't wait," jae exclaimed.

"you excited for a birthday that's not even yours," aera laughed.

"i just can't wait man, you need to freaking drink this time," jae slapped her arm.

"but i don't want to just by smelling it hurts my head not just that but looking after you all," aera complained slapping her back.

"and plus we have school the next day so that's a big no for me," she added on.

"okay promise me next time you will," jae held out her pinky.

"okay i promise jae," aera laughed.

"yesss! once aera keeps her promises you always keep them, i love you baby," jae hugged her.

"yeah yeah and stop calling me baby for the millionth time," aera shoved her off as they both fell laughing.

the two girls chilled after school at aera's place and they couldn't be anymore happier.

-

the sunlight shimmered through the curtains, she woke up on time with her alarm getting ready for school.

she browsed through her phone with all the birthday messages, aera felt happy waking up to that.

doing the usual she finally finished getting ready. she locked the door only to be greeted by her one and only jungkookie.

you ran jumping into his arms. "i wasn't expecting you."

"surprise happy birthday love," jungkook kissed her by the lips.

walking hand in hand through the gate you were greeted by a loud bunch of people.

"HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY AERA BABY," jae jumped into your arms.

"geez someone is hyper, thank you jae and please stop with the baby," aera laughed.

"happy birthday aera," the rest of them greeted.

"thanks guys see you all at my house later," aera smiled.

"yes i can't wait to drink," jae said as you rolled your eyes laughing.

"let's go birthday girl you better head to class now," jungkook kissed your forehead.

-

"make your wish then we can open the presents," jae clapped.

you closed your eyes and wished.

"okay finally open my present," yoongi said.

"wow you still have this, thank you so much yoongi," aera hugged him.

he gifted you your matching bracelet when your were young, which you had lost and it made your heart happy knowing that he's back in your life again.

you turned to jungkook as he got out his present.

it revealed a diamond necklace which had your initials on it, you started tearing up.

"thank you so much jungkook," you hugged him.

"that's not all," he said wiping your tears.

you again opened up frame, revealing his drawing of you, it was from the first date you had."

"i love you," she cried even more.

he just kissed your forehead smiling.

"oh man i don't wanna cry," jae wiped her fake tears.

"hobi baby you better suprise me too," jae nudged on his arm.

"of course," hobi laughed.

eventually they continued the night away filling each other's hearts with happiness and laughter. aera couldn't have spent it any other way, she was happy.

they ended the night just a bit earlier just because of school the next day. yoongi drove them back home, you smiled waved at the door to jungkook as he gave a flying kiss.

he mouthed. "see you later aera i love you."

and you mouthed back the same. "i love you too jungkook."

you felt like the happiest girl alive, it was nice to spend your birthday again surrounded by the ones you love.

you wished for happiness everyday forever.