68

shattered heart

aera sat in the building as it started to fill with long relatives and friends whom she didn't even know about. she gazed outside the window onto the grassland filled with gone souls. before she knew it was finally her turn to speak lastly, on behalf of her father as well.

"dear halmeoni,

i know it was bound to happen soon after the years that you've spent locked up in that cage everyday. not just on behalf of father but mother too, you finally get to reunite with your daughter which of course is my mother. part of me broke when i heard the news but then happy as well, because you can now finally rest in peace. i know you don't have any regrets and that you lived your life to the fullest. honestly i don't know what i could've done without you when eomma left. you were the constant light that always guided me through the dreadful storm, the person that pulled me out of my sorrows, the person who went lengths to feed me when we had nothing, the person who showed me how to appreciate and love the little things in life and most importantly the person who taught me how to choose myself first. when i heard that you left me it shattered my heart even more, it's like time froze and my heart disappeared like dust. i know you want me to be happy and i'll try just for you. stay safe and happy up there and say hi to eomma for me. thank you for being part of my life, i love you more than i can begin to imagine. may you rest in peace, until we meet again."

yet after you said your speech no tears left your eyes, you looked up to see all the tears on everyone's face and the sobs. time was moving at it was the moment to put her to rest. they placed the coffin down filling it up until it was no more in sight. once it was settled bit by bit everyone bid their goodbyes as you stood from the distance watching.

there halmeoni was placed next to your eomma.

you stood there until it left jae and the rest of six bangtan members at the grave.  finally you walked up standing upon halmeoni's grave ready to say goodbye. the rest of them stood afar watching as aera walked slowly. like some sort of wave of wind hit you, that's when you finally broke loose.

like halmeoni said your bound to break eventually.

there you dropped to your knees crying, it was like rain that kept pouring.  one hand held your chest as the other hit the grass, full of anger and sadness.

"WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME? LOOSING THE ONES I LOVE!!!" you screamed in pain crying.

you cried to the point you couldn't even breathe anymore, you gasped for air but it wasn't working. you eventually became dizzy everything started turning black.

the last thing you remember was the worried faces of them as they ran towards you.

-

weeks later, aera wasn't coming out of her room nor eating properly. she not had just lost one person but two that she wholeheartedly loved and cared about.

"we have graduation tomorrow, hopefully she can snap out of it, it really hurts seeing her like that," jae said to the rest of the guys as aera slept upstairs.

"we all do, for now all we can do is be there for her," yoongi quietly said.

"okay cheer up guys, we're graduating," jin said.

"without you know.." jae added but mumbled the end.

"that doesn't mean we have to be sad, yes we have one person who isn't here and one that is going through a lot that gives us another two reasons to stay strong," jin smiled.

"okay!! fighting," hobi shouted.

"FIGHTING!!"