Fourteen

Leyton laid with me until I fell asleep he listened to me as I let all my frustration and anger out. He comforted me when I need it.

He pulls the comforter up over me as I rest my head upon his chest. I haven't felt this safe and secluded in a long while ... but was this gonna end?

"April ... good morning" Jane wakes me gently she has my medication in hand. "What time is it?" I yawned as I sat up slowly and painfully. "9am dear ... mr Stevens has gone to sort some business out ... he told me the doctor will be here at 10am he will be back as soon as he can" she smiles as she watches me take the tablets. His orders I'm guessing.

"Thanks Jane ..." - as she left I looked at my phone - I wanted to call Maggie but I just couldn't speak about what happened. I decided to shower instead I still felt dirty and disgusting.

"Ms Rhodes .. Dr Tyler is here" Jane calls up the stairs. That's my cue. I walk slowly down and was greeted with a warm smile from the doctor.
"How you holding up?" She questions. "Sore .. uncomfortable but ok" I lay down so she can examine me as much as she can.
"Ok ... everything appears to be fine - but I do recommend another few days rest ... I will prescribe more medication to help with the pain and the internal bleed .. it doesn't sound there  at threatening so long as you rest" she smiles.

Rest.
What I always seem to do.
My graduation is literally around to corner ... it's next week. What am I gonna do?