Fourty one.

- Leyton -

It took all of me to not show April my past. It was a side I never wanted to reveal I've worked hard to get to where I am.

Knowing April just saw that out break and the smirks upon Avery face, I could sense she was scared and worried but April never let go of my arm and hand.

"Tell me what? Will someone just tell me what the fuck is going on?"
April's body language changed.
I froze, I couldn't tell her. Why couldn't I tell my own fiancée my past. She has a right to know.

"Your precious, Leyton here April. Has a dark past. Has he not told you?! ..."
"Avery enough!!" I snapped.

"I'm going home ... you have some explaining to do." April's eyes turned into fear. I just knew I had to tell her now, and it wasn't a story I wanted to relive.

"You've caused enough trouble, it's time you both left. I won't forgive you for this ... either of you"

- April -
I made some excuse to Maggie about how I felt sick. She was so happy she didn't even sense the sadness which is good because I didn't want her too.

My heart felt like it was breaking, I still love Leyton so much. But the fact he has hidden such a big part of his life from me? What does that mean for us?

The whole journey home was silent. Thoughts were running around my head. *what is his past?* *whats he hiding?* *was he dangerous!*

As we arrived home he instantly poured Himself a strong drink and sat upon the couch. I joined him.

It was silent for a few seconds before he spoke.

"I was 16. My upbringing wasn't the best but it was good. A terror way teen you could say. I was the worst. Then I met Avery ... high school sweet hearts. From then it all went great. Until I was 24 and she broke my heart. She crushed me." He bought the glass to his lips, and sipped his whiskey.

"That's when I turned, I drank an immense amount. My business was off to a start but not great! My mother always sided with Avery, they became such great friends she became oblivious to how life was. - I got so bad one night, I got incredibly drunk ... I blacked out. I didn't remember any antics from that night. Until slowly it all came flooding back" I could sense his fear. His body language. He swilled his drink around in the glass! And sat back his fingers tracing the rim of the glass.

I sat back but closer towards him. Studying his emotion on his face. "Leyton? What happened?"

"It wasn't until the morning after I was informed of what I did. - I put someone in hospital ... I almost, killed someone, April"

My body froze! Hearing him say those words.

"What do you mean? Almost?"

"I don't remember. All I know is if no one pulled me away ... I would of killed him. - he was the one Avery left me for"

It all makes sense now, the funny thing is? I'm not scared. I'm sad. Sad that he went through all of this alone and I wasn't there at the time.

"I took myself to rehab after. I spent six months there ... when I came back, I built my empire ... became a better man and vowed I wouldn't ever revisit that part of my life"

My hands met his hands. I kissed his cheek lightly.
"I'm so thankful you told me everything ... I will admit I was scared when I saw you back there, I never saw that side of you ... but now you've told me? It all makes sense ... just know this doesn't change anything ... I will always love you"

With that moment he slid me on to his lap and just held me close and tight.
It was that moment I knew ... listening was the right thing to do and not to run away ... he really is my life and I couldn't be where I am without him!