Twenty four.

I was officially Leyton Stevens girlfriend.
We knew before going public we had to tell our families ... we chose to leave the pregnancy until a later date.

"Hey mom? How is everything?" She was thrilled to hear my voice.
"April, honey. How are you? Everything is fine dad is good. And Jennie is Jennie"
"I'm bery good .. I actually have some news for you ... I have a boyfriend"
Her face changed ... she was happy though! But it was shocked face!
"A boy friend? Oh darling! I'm so happy for you, who is he?"
Leyton them appeared round the corner. Her face blushed. She knew who he was.
"Oh my ... Leyton Stevens."
"Mrs Rhodes. How are you?"
"Call me Susan please! I'm very well"
"I'm glad ... do excuse me I need to call my mother" he smiled and left.

"You kept that quiet!! How long?" This is where she liked to gossip.
"3 months. I'm happy though mom. Really. He's great"
"I'm over the moon for you sweet heart ... so is your father he's just never interested in all this love stuff you know that"
We both laughed. "I miss you .. I'll visit soon I promise"

We spent the next hour talking about my Job I spoke to Jennie and then dad. I just don't know how they're gonna react to the pregnancy ... time will tell.

Leyton appeared in the room with a harsh face. "What's happened?" I questioned. "My mother wasn't thrilled. She wants to meet you ... next week" next week! Shit!
"Erm ... why?"
"Her approval? She wants to see who her baby boy is dating"
Figured. "Ok I guess! If that's what we gotta do ... thankfully we're not showing yet hey!" I smiled touching my stomach! I may not be showing but I definitely felt pregnant.

—-

Work for the next week was calm but busy. I was alone for most of it ... treating babies, children - I just had my way with them to make them more calm during the treatment.
Today was the day we visited his parents. I went to see Maggie for breakfast for a pep talk.

She was the only one to keep me sane and calm through this.