thirty six

April 

I honestly couldn't stop staring at my ring on my finger. It glistened in any form of light that was around it was truly beautiful he chose well. The whole Journey back home I couldnt stop smiling. It felt like one of those fairy tales you read in those books? or the movies with the happy ending. This didnt feel like my dream it felt like i was watching someone elses. 

It was Maggies wedding tomorrow i didnt want to steal her limelight, I knew it wouldn't take her long to see the ring so i was just going to let her figure it out alone. "How did you keep this so secret? I mean im overwhelmed I honestly could not of imagined this ever happening" I turned to say to Leyton as he drove. "It was hard. I will be honest, Marriage was not something i had thought about or even considered. Until i met you, and it feels right." he kissed the back of my hand lightly and smiled. 

My stomach was doing flips, my emotions were everywhere, even more so now than before. We arrived home; all i wanted to do was shout from the roof tops, but we couldn't risk this getting out the press and media just yet. Hiding the babies are bad enough. Im just not ready for the publicity. 

"Why dont you go up stairs and get a bubble bath and ill be up soon?" - "to Join me i hope?" i wink as i walk up the stairs, Baths were my favourite at the minute it was like a craving. "Give me five minutes and ill be there" he calls up after me. 

As the bath was running and bubbles were forming i could hear Leyton downstairs on face time to his family. This was not a conversation i wanted to hear and i couldn't help but over hear some of it, which broke me,  I just don't understand how and why his mom is so cruel? 

Am i really that much of a bad person?

- Leyton - 

I was ecstatic when April said yes, it felt like my whole world was complete. I knew there was only one person who would not be particularly over joyed with the news and it had to come from me. 

As we arrived home i knew offering April a bubble bath wouldn't take much persuasion as it was something she could not get enough of right now.  I didn't want her hearing the conversation, having my mother upset the woman i love is heartbreaking enough, I just hate seeing her sad. 

"Leyton darling, what do we owe the pleasure?" My mom asked trying to look behind me. "April is upstairs mother. well i have some news" - they waited in anticipation. "We're getting married .. I proposed today" My sister and father were over joyed my mothers reaction was expected. "Mother, are you not happy for me?" - "Leyton, honey. April just doesn't seem the one for you ... Avery is in town maybe you should get to know her again ... old flames" How dare she even insinuate such a thing. "Grace enough!, We're happy for you, Son" my father smiled. 

"thanks, father. Mom, that is not something to insinuate, April is the one i love, she will become my wife, and will be a part of this family" - "Dont be ridiculous, April will not become part of this family, i forbid it" - "Mother, if you cannot accept our own family, then you wont be welcome into ours. consider yourself not invited to the wedding until you grow up" I cancelled the call and chucked my phone in frustration onto the sofa. 

Heading up the stairs i could hear faint crys coming from the bathroom. 

"April, baby?" I pushed open the door and found April sobbing sitting on the toilet seat. 

shit. she over heard.