Eighty eight.

- one month later -
"Damn!!! I forgot this part!!" I breathed through my contractions. I swear they get worst the more children you have. I paced up and down my hospital room.

"Breath baby. You're doing great!"
"I am breathing!!! Do you want to switch places?!" I snapped.
"To ease your pain, I would!" He always had a gentle way with words. He just held my hand and rubbed my back with the other.

Finally after a week over due, baby girl was on her way!

- flashback-

"Happy birthday babies!!!" Me and. Leyton exclaimed as we woke the twins up! We couldn't wait any longer for them to wake up themselves.
"Morning mommy, morning daddy!" They smiled a big grin.

We took them downstairs to the room filled with gifts from all of the family, and of course a special breakfast made for them both.

"Thank-you!!" They exclaimed at the same time. It was official we had two four year olds. Where has that time gone? I have no idea, it's like you blink and they grow.

No matter how many gifts they got whether it be 2 or 20 they were still great full for what they received. I guess bringing them up we always taught them right from wrong and to never be ungrateful for what they have. Of course they are more privileged than others but that doesn't mean we treat people different because of it.

They spent majority of the morning of course in the pool and riding around on their new bikes.

We had family over this afternoon for a party. Unfortunately my family couldn't make it but we spent three hours on FaceTime this morning with them which is great.

All family time is precious these days, I guess it's awful when I live far away from mine but I'm thankful for technology and we can speak every day.

As long as Aubrey and Alfie has a great day that's all that matters. And by the look on their faces when everyone was around them they were having the best time.

The time was flying by, everyone was having a great time, content you could say. It was gone 6 by the time the party ended and cleared away.
The twins were both exhausted they had a bath and were asleep by 7 which never happens.

I knew I had some work to catch up on this evening and it couldn't wait until tomorrow. I had to sort out upcoming meetings. It wouldn't take me long as then I was looking forward to an evening with my husband.

—-

"Well that went well don't you think!" He asks as we sat together upon the sofa, rubbing my shoulders gently.
"Yeah!! They seemed to have a blast which is what we wanted!"
"At least she waited until the party was over!" He smiles as he rubs my bump! Heavy may I add.
"Definitely. Her due date is tomorrow. But there's no movement yet. I'm just ready for her to come now .." I sighed fed up. It was exhausting carrying a baby for nine months you know.

——

We woke up. It was kindergarten trial day for the babies. Kindergarten. It doesn't seem like yesterday we was bringing them home from the hospital.
I was nervous.
I didn't know what to expect.

They had an hour before it started both ready. Matching outfits of course, different colours.

"You ready!" I smiled snapping as many photos as possible.
"Yes mommy!" They beamed in sync.

I was thankful Leyton was here to share the moment with me. It was great we could work from home knowing we had a team behind us running the show whilst we had family time.

We got into the car and made our half hour journey.

—-

"good morning! Aubrey and Alfie, I'm miss Heath your teacher! Shall I show you where we put our bags!" She smiles sweetly!
The perfect teacher you may say. Brunette small. Glasses.
They were so excited.

We said our goodbye and headed out.
"Our babies are gone .... how is it possible!!" I cried. My emotions were everywhere at the minute.
"They'll be fine don't worry!! Before we know it it'll be time to pick them up!"
"I know but still! They're our babies!"
He just laughs at me.
Hormones. What a marvellous thing to have.

—-

"Mommy!! Daddy!!" Not hearing those words all day I have missed it.
We got bombarded with kisses and cuddles as we picked Alfie and Aubrey up to find out they had a wonderful day, which made it a lot easier for when they actually start next term.

We was told everything three or four times about their day. New friends. Snack. Nap time. Everything. Name it they done it.

"So you wanna go back?" I questioned smiling.
"Yes!!"
My heart was full.
And so was my stomach, this baby girl needs to get a move on.

——