twenty five

"Girl you got this. be yourself. Dont be someone you're not" - "I guess, but what if they dont like me?" she rolled her eyes at my reply. "they'll be silly not too. you are an amazing person" she always had a way with words.

We went through some final plans for the wedding before I had to get back and ready before we left.

I showered and decided on a black pencil dress with heels and hair slightly curled with minimal makeup . I didn't wanna wear colour because incase I was showing a little black was my safest option.

"Ready?" I smiled coming down the stairs.
"Ready ... you look beautiful" he kissed me lightly on my cheek and then we left. This was it.

Meeting the Stevens. Fuck.
——-

We pulled up outside this beautiful big house. Like the ones you see in movies. I was almost too scared to walk to the door let alone inside.
Leyton squeezes my hand for reassurance. I know he wouldn't leave my side.

He opened the door and we walked through. Yikes. It was rose gold everywhere it really was beautiful.

"Mom? Dad?" He calls out.
"Leyton, darling! It's so good to see you" his mom I'm guessing she greeted him with a warm embrace. "You too mom, this is .. April Rhodes. My girlfriend ... April this is my mom Grace .. Dad, Ethan and my sister is out back .. that's Frankie" introductions done. Let's see how this pans out.

"Nice to meet you, April" his mom smiles. I couldn't tell whether it was sincere or not. She then turns and heads to I believe the kitchen. "Pleasure is all mine, sweetheart! Ignore Grace. Don't take it personally" his dad winked and smiled. Now he was adorable. He made me feel comfortable straight away.

I look out back, what I can gather is Leyton sister Frankie, and two children? I walked toward Leyton intrigued. This beautiful tall blonde girl walked towards us. "Brother! How are you?" - "great. This is April" - "ah!! The girlfriend!! Nice to meet you!" She embraces me with a hug.

"You to! Are they yours?" I smiled nodding towards the toddler running round and the baby on the floor rolling ! "Yeah! That's Charlie, he's 3! And that is Lola she's 4 months"
"You have beautiful children!" I was in awe to think this would be me and Leyton in just under 9 months.

"Come meet them!"