Fourty seven

-April -
We arrived home the same day. Thankfully because there was nothing better than getting back to normality.

Leyton was incredible he amazes me every single day especially now with our children.
I'm ready for double everything ... I'm ready for this next chapter in our lives.

We settled the twins down in there cribs before sitting ourselves down.

"I still can't believe they're here ..." I said in awe as we both sit and watch them sleep. Listening to every sound they make.

"Me either, you amaze me, April. What you went through how you handled it all. I love you ... and I cannot wait to make you my wife"

He held me close and kissed my hands.

"And I cannot wait to have your last name ..."

-

-Leyton-
Watching April sleep next to me; I was in absolute awe of her and what she has just done. Thinking back to the beginning when all I was asking April for was to give me a baby, I never in a million years expected to fall in love again let alone have two beautiful perfect children.

I took on the night shift so April could sleep I could see she was exhausted I've done my research on post pregnancy blues. I'm fully aware.

It was midnight when they both awoke for a feed. I walked into the nursery and beamed Over their cribs, looking down at two angelic faces.

I lifted them both out and sat upon the couch in the room with the bottles beside me.

This is what parenting is like ... I felt completed.

- April -

My eyes blinked open to bright light shining through the window. Was it morning already? I stretched and reached for my phone.
It was 7am! Shit! I looked beside me and Leyton was snoring.

I looked at the monitor and both babies were wriggling. I got out of bed and walked into the nursery ... noticing the bottles ... Leyton has done the night feeds ... they were due this bottle now! He actually let me sleep?

I set the bottles down and got the twins out of their crib setting them on my lap.
Knowing I half created these two beautiful humans is beyond me ... they were both every inch and second of every pain I had.

Our families were arriving this morning we wanted to do it all in one day so we then had time to ourselves to enjoy and settle Aubrey and Alfie in.

Looking back I could never of imagined my life now ... I imagined it a whole lot different. I imagined giving Leyton a baby and not having any contact after. I imagined working to the core of my bones to fund for my family ...

Now?

I wouldn't change anything.
I love my life exactly how it is.