Sixty six.

The morning of my appointment arrived. Leyton took over the kids so I could get ready. I showered - dried my hair - I decided on loose curls. I put on my outfit and grabbed my proposal before heading down stairs.

Coffee was brewed however the smell was making me feel a bit sick. But I drank it anyway.

"Good luck, you'll smash it!" He smiles.
"Thanks baby, I hope so!"

I kissed everyone goodbye before grabbing my car keys and setting off. I typed in the address in my maps and drove.

"You've got this April" I say to myself.

———

Stepping out of the elevator I was greeted by a beautiful blonde woman on reception. "April?" She smiles. "That is me!" I reply, "perfect. Vanessa is ready for you, just head on down at the bottom"

I nodded in agreement and made my way to her office. This place was huge. I'm so glad I dressed the part.

"Mrs Stevens!! It's great to meet you!" I'm guessing this brunette slim figured woman was Vanessa?
"Please call me April!! Pleasure to meet you!" I smiled sitting opposite her.
"Thankyou for taking your time to meet us! We're thrilled"
"You're welcome! Thank-you for asking me to become part of my own business?" I questioned.

"That's right ... we want to sponsor you. We can offer you £1OOK to get you started ..."
is she nuts?
"Wow ... generous. I've bought my proposition. Designs. The studio layout everything" I smiled handing it to her. As she flicked through.

"Your designs are amazing. Well I think we could make a great team ..."

———-

Arriving home I felt better than expected. The twins faces beamed as I walked into the kitchen, seeing their faces smile when they see me just makes me love them even more if that was at all possible.

"So how did it go?" Leyton asked with anticipation.
"Very well!! Actually, they loved my designs and my layout for everything ... they offered me a 100K start up fee to get me going ..."
he was amazed as was i when they offered it.
"Wow. That's incredible ... what you gonna do?" He passed me a coffee that he made.

"I really don't know ... I was hoping you could give me some words of wisdom ... I mean I absolutely love my nursing job! That's why I studied for all those years, but ... another part of me is saying, this could be a new journey for me. For us. It could really be a breakthrough"
I sighed. I never thought decision making was going to be this hard.

"I can't make the decision for you ... what I can advise is do what you truly believe is best for you. Not us. But you. I can see how much being a nurse means to you ... but i can also see how excited you are about the new opportunities that are opening"

He wasn't wrong.

"Whatever you decide I will support you no matter what"

I hated it when he done that. But I knew he was right this was a decision I was going to have to make alone. And make sure it's the best one.