Eighty five

A week past.
Our gender reveal happened it was a beautiful moment shared between friends and family. We managed to get day release for grace for a few hours.
We were expecting another little girl.
It was even more special because her middle name would be grace.
Grace left to go back to the hospital that evening at 6pm.
10pm Leyton got the phone call he wasn't expecting nor wanting, his mum past away in her sleep peacefully. I couldn't help but wonder if she was holding on just to see what we was having.

It's been a week everyone is coping surprisingly well considering. Although it was matter of time before they cracked especially Leyton, I was worried. He seems better than ok, which was also concerning.

I spent as much time with the kiddies as I could as well as working from home, designing my next line and checking in with the store and the online orders.
"Mommy let's swim" Aubrey smiled sweetly.
Work could wait until tonight, my babies needed me, the weather was beautiful, we spent almost three hours in the pool playing on the slide and the waterfall and the toys. Leyton had been in the office almost every day this week we've barely seen him but I guess that's understandable.

He arrived home in time for dinner, "how was work?"  Ask as we sit down together. "Busy, meetings as always, how was your day?" "Fine. I sorted out some work stuff and then we went in the pool for three hours and some fun, didn't we!" I smiled. They both giggled as they ate.

We didn't really speak much lately, he knows I'm here for him when he needs me, but sometimes he pushes me away without realising. Once I put the kids to bed I continued with the work I missed earlier, completing order sales online, and going through the sales for the store, I applied a 10 percent discount the items we haven't really sold, and emailed the team. I was up to date finally once I went through the spreadsheets for my meetings next week.

Took my self to the bathroom for a bubble bath but not before I over heard Leyton on the phone to who I am assuming is Frankie, his sister. "We need to arrange her plans, Frankie. Her body is being released tomorrow." He says coldly. "She needs to be laid to rest sooner than later. .. I don't know she's been upstairs all night working. I think I'm pushing her away" - "I try not too, since Avery I haven't had anyone in my corner  supporting me ..." I didn't need to hear no more.

I locked myself away, I have to be strong for him, and for our family. But how strong can I be before I start to weaken?