Sixty

- april -

Three days in. I was becoming myself more each day ... what happened that night was a blur I don't remember anything.

Maggie came to visit me every day, until she went home which was today.

My mom was frantic! But she was ok. Even more so now she knew I was alive and well.

Alfie and Aubrey were with us in the hospital ... I couldn't be away from my babies any longer.

I was finally being discharged today. But not before the police wanted to interview me. Great.

"Mrs Stevens I'm detective Matthews this is PC Kyle. We want to ask you a few questions of that night if we may?"

"Of course .." I smiled as I sat up on my bed.
"Do you remember what happened?"

"Not vividly, I remember saying by to my family as they left our wedding ... the next thing I knew I was being thrown across the floor"

"And do you remember seeing anything? Hearing?"

As he questions me, it comes back. I remember.
"A voice. As I laid on the floor a voice came over me ... it sounded familiar .... I can't remember exactly what they said, but it was along the lines of, I told you I would get you when you wasn't pregnant ..."

They both made notes. Fuck!!! I know now!! "There's only one person who told me that before ..." I looked at Leyton. "Avery, Avery Jennings"

How did I not know this before?

"And you're certain of this?" The detective wanted to make sure.

"Yes ... I'm certain"

"Ok ... that's all for now we'll be in touch. Thank-you for your time, April"

I nodded as they left and looked at Leyton his face dropped. "AVERY?" He yelled but quietly. "Remember ages ago when we had that disagreement? She said she'll come back for me when I wasn't pregnant? Or something like that!"

"How could I not of known this. I'll deal with it. It's my duty as your husband to protect you ... and that's what I'll do"

"I'm fine I'm alive that's all that matters isn't it?! Besides we've got our honeymoon to go on aswell as after all of this a holiday is what we all need right now" I smiled.

Get me on that plane.