Eighty three.

It was the day we was visiting mother today. Personally I didn't know what to expect with her and April.

April's mother was kind enough to watch the children whilst we go. Our visiting time was in an hour.
I'm thankful I have the support system from my wife, without her I definitely know I wouldn't be standing right now.

We got into my car and drove to the hospital. April clenched my hand without saying a word.  "It will be ok, Leyton. We can do this" she smiles softly.

As we got nearer my heart beat faster. I know I've never had the greatest relationship with my mother, but no one should ever have to lose there mother early on.

We arrived at the hospital and was greeted by a young brunette who was polite and friendly.
"We're here to visit my mother. Grace, Stevens"
"Right this way sir, she's excited to see you" she smiles sweetly as she walks us to her room.

This was it. I didn't know what to expect.

- April -
This day was not a day I was wishing to come, this time of year was meant to be celebrating with family, all around. Not sitting by a loved ones bed side as they're sick.

I supported my husband throughout it all. Regardless what differences myself and grace have had this was not the time to fight.

We arrived at the hospital and the receptionist or nurse whoever she was showed us to Grace room. Private room of course.

Leyton grasp on my hand got tighter as we got to the door. I kissed his shoulder lightly to let him know I was with him.

"Mother?" He says softly as we open the door. She sits in her bed. Dressed in her night gown, her hair done neatly, I mean you could see in her face she was sick but her smile would tell you different.

"Leyton. Come in. And April ..." she smiles.

"How are you?"
"Ok as can be darling, the medication definitely helps" you could see through her smile the pain she was in.
"How is everyone? The children?" She looks at me.
"Good ... they're fine, Grace" I smile back. "Listen I'll go grab some drinks and give you both some time together." I kissed Leyton lightly he was reluctant to let me go. "I'm only a call away" I whisper as he lets me go from the hug we was in.

As I know the time and days go on ... it's a matter of time before he gets the call he doesn't want.

I just need to be strong and ready to pick him up when he needs me.