~~~~EIGHT~~~~

It was very difficult for me to come to terms with everything that had happened, I was playing the very keen part of staying away from Conan.

I always felt uneasy and I was really having a hard time having a proper conversation with him.

It had been a week since the accident that had occured behind the sports pavilion and we had not crossed paths again.

It was time for us to go for the library period and I sat in class.

"Come on Nate, let us go." Arthur called me.

"I have to first finish this one sentence." I replied pointing down at the History assignment that we had been given.

"Please, come." Arthur pleaded.

"I will be there in a short while, I promise." I replied to Arthur, " you can go first and save me a seat beside you." I added with a very genuine smile.

"Very fine then but you better hurry up." Arthur said and he strode out of the classroom.

A while later, everyone else simply walked out earnestly to attend the lesson and I had just concluded the very last sentence when I put my pen back into the pencil case and my books into my locker.

I stood up and started to walk towards the door when an arm went ahead of me and shut the door.

I felt a drag that made me turn around and I locked my gaze with Conan's.

I was instantly puzzled, unable to comprehend the feeling that lay behind his brown eyes, at that point in time, I felt entirely intimidated.

"What are you doing?" I asked and waited for an answer but he did not reply and only kept his face closer to mine, we were a couple of inches apart and my heart was seriously racing against time.

"Let go of me." I finally said mastering the strength to push him away and I turned around to open the door.

"Wait, please." He finally said and for some reason, I calmed down and I stopped.

"What is it that you want?" I asked looking back at him.

"I just wanted to return this." He said and he stretched his hand towards me revealing the PERCY JACKSON book I had lost.

"I am very sorry about that day and you forgot this back there." He added.

I simply looked on as I slowly held out my hand towards him and took hold of the book.

"Thank you." I said and swiftly turned around.

I walked without slowing down to the point of not looking back until I arrived at the library.

Once I made my way inside the very big bungalow, I started to search around the whole place with my eyes.

I finally caught a glimpse of Arthur in one corner and I walked towards the vacant seat on his right.

Once there I put down my novel and then walked towards the front where I got a thick marker and started to walk through the various shelves.

I moved to the far end where I knew the history books were always stationed and once there, I picked out the navy blue covered book which was entitled A CENTURY OF THE BRITISH MONARCHY.

I then started to walk towards my seat paying more attention yo the book and scrutinizing the pages trying to look for the place that I had last stopped reading from.

I came to a halt and then sat down and got immersed in the book.

I did not notice as a group of more people actually walked up to our table and then sat down.