~~~~SIXTY~~~~

We lost track of time and spent the whole day and afternoon at the pond.

By the time we embarked on our journey back from there, it was coming to dusk.

We asked ourselves a few questions on the things that we did a long time ago.

"So, before I met you, what exactly was life like?" I asked Conan.

"It was too stressful." He replied.

"I am the third of four children and I guess I have always had an untold weight on my back." He added.

"It must have felt awful." I said.

"Very much, there was my father who dearly loved his own ego so much.

He was a very stubborn man and he only cared about what he wanted." Conan replied.

"What about what you wanted?" I asked.

"That never really bothered him so much, my dad said that we had to be thankful for what we were.

He told me that it was our duty to keep our family name and business.

He always said that it is family first before anything else." Conan replied.

"What is family?" I asked.

"To whom?" He asked seeking some clarity.

"Well, may be to the both of you." I replied.

"My father always says that blood is thicker than water and to him, family is any one related to me by blood." Conan replied.

"But not all blood is family and not all family is blood, I am quite sure you have heard that too." I said to him.

"Of course I have but some times I am not certain what family is to me." Conan replied.

"What is family to you?" I asked him.

"To me, pretty much any one I really care about is family because there are people that are closer than relatives when they actually aren't." Conan replied.

He looked so sad all of a sudden and I had totally failed to understand why.

My lucky guess was that may be because his family didn't really think about what Conan wanted so much.

He had told me before a couple of times.

He was the child who got it all wrong, the child who fancied more fun than work.

His elder brother was so stubborn but at least once in a while, he did get to be too serious for life.

"It is not easy being with people when you feel that your perspective and understanding of life are paralleled." Conan added.

"I understand." I replied as I patted his shoulder while we continued.

"What is family to you?" Conan asked me.

I sighed a little as I thought of my very own perfect answer.

"To me, I guess family are those you are willing to die for and those willing to die for you." I replied.

"Why would you think that?" Conan asked me.

"Because people are strange." I replied.

"In what ways?" Conan asked.

I could feel myself also drowning in my own imdividual episode of sorrow as I tried to master the courage to reply.

"At times, relatives can turn on relatives, siblings get into common fights.