~~~~NINETEEN~~~~

"I am so sorry, I did not mean to force you." Conan spoke and I felt the weight of sincerity in his words that I was moved and instantly began to feel very  guilty.

"I am so sorry, I did not mean to slap you." I said.

"No, it is not your fault, I totally deserved it." He said.

"It is just that I can not stand it, ever since I was young, my dad was and still is an alcoholic and he looks pathetic because of it.

Primarily it is the reason that he had multiple extra marital relationships with other women, he neglected his duties.

He one time went ahead to nearly kill me, he could hit mom and almost poisoned my brother.

My mother would not keep up with the habit that had constantly become an addiction and it caused their divorce.

From then on, I swore never to take alcohol because I never want to become like my father." I said.

"Oh, I did not know that things were that bad for you." Conan said and it was then that I could not believe what I had done.

"Oh no, did I just tell him one of those awful stories about my past?" I asked myself and immediately began to curse why I had done so.

Conan then took hold of the two bottles of beer and at that moment I began to wonder what it was that he was going to do with them.

He stood up as I watched unable to stop him and he started to walk away from me.

He stopped at a distance that was a few metres away abd before I realised it, he threw the beer bottles into the dust bin that was situated near him.

"If you hate beer, from now on, I will also hate it twice as much and I promise you, I will no more even have the slightest sip of it nor anything alcoholic." Conan loudly said.

I was shocked and surprised and utterly dumbfounded because of his actions, that was absolutely something that I did not expect at all.

"Oh, you do not have to because of me, I mean I have my reasons and you do not have yours." I said.

"I do have my reasons as well." He replied as he walked back towards me.

"And they are?" I asked.

"I do not want to be like Nathan Hart's dad and I do not want to end up hurting you and any other innocent people out there including the people I love." He replied.

I was so moved by that comment and I tried my level best to keep my composure.

"Fine then, what else were you going to do?" I asked intending to get him to change the topic.

"Perhaps a small snack and maybe we could go for a walk." He replied and opened the picnic box.

He pulled out two sandwiches, a jug of fruit cocktail along with two glasses and he served me.

I could see the care that he invested in to this and I could not admit it to his face but this simple picnic was at the time perhaps the very best I had ever had.

After we were done eating our snacks that were really small, we stood up and started to walk on the beach.

We slowly walked on the sand and keeping  a definite distance between each other as we kept silent for a while listening to the smooth rushing of the waves.

"What is your favorite colour?" He asked me out of the blue.

"Blue is." I replied.

"Oh, not a very bad taste." He said.