~~~~THREE~~~~

I pulled off what looked to be a fabric, and studying it I realised that it was a scarf that was decorated with floral patterns.

"Nate??" Katie called bringing me back out of thought as she moved back with Michael.

"Yes?" I replied as I covered the distance between us by a few feet.

"Where did you get that?" She asked as she pointed at the scarf in my grip.

"It just flew into my face." I replied and waited for Katie's reply which was instantly interrupted.

"Excuse me." I heard a very familiar and fairly deep voice call me and with the sound of it it appeared to come from behind me.

While I studied both Michael and Katie staring with their gaze fixed behind me, I unhesitantly turned around to meet those brown eyes from earlier on.

"Yes?" Me and Katie said in unison.

"Sorry about the scarf, it was blown from my mother." He said pointing at a beautiful woman who appeared to be in her late thirties and sat near the opposite end of the shed.

"It is alright." Katie said.

"Yes absolutely I added reassuring the young boy and I held out my hand to give him the scarf.

He tried to quickly cease hold of it and I noticed that entangled within the scarf was my hand that nearly went with his.

He must have realised that he was holding something more than the scarf and I felt his grip slowly loosen.

"I am sorry."was all that he said to me before I let go.

"We'd better catch up to the others." Michael said.

"Yes, we probably should." Katie added as she grabbed my right arm and then dragged me away swiftly.

I went where she led me but my gaze was still fixed on the boy who stared at me as well and gave me what I could have sworn was a smile.

We rushed across the sandy beach making out the other familiar silhouttes that were walking towards the beach volley grounds.

Once we were right near them, we noticed that the beach was crowded and even busier than it had been before.

We all came to a halt and that was when George, Katie's youngest brother slandered into Sera's side.

"What are we going to do mommy?" Georgie as we called him asked with a very small smile.

"We are going to play beach ball." Sera replied as she pulled him into a hug.

"I love it already." I said.

"Sure you will." Jackson said as we came to a halt in front of the volley grounds.

"So who is up for some fun?" Sera said as she moved towards the handsome man who stood beside the play area with a set of volley balls holding it up to us.

"We are." The two of us yelled louder than the others.

"I do not want to just see Katie and Nate in this, the good news is that we are all participating and since today is Georgie's birthday, he insists on being the referee." Sera said.

"Yaay." Georgie said before he pulled out a whistle from beneath his shirt and blew it loud.

He crowned his head with a volley ball cap that was navy blue and orange and then he called for a single file.

"We are having two teams, team MOM and team DAD." Georgie said.

"So how do we choose who gets to be in which team?" I curiously asked Georgie as I bent down and locked my gaze with his intimidatingly.