~~~~FORTY FIVE~~~~

I was very much aware that I was never the very best person in the world, I was never from the very best of families.

I had my own insecurities and incivilities but like all human beings I had a dream.

I had a goal, I had one very special wish that I cherished most in all my life.

I wished to find belonging, I wished to find care, compassion, favour, love and most importantly family.

There I was amidst a mob lost in jubilation, locked in Conan's embrace I could feel so wonderful.

I had never felt like that before, so secure and so peaceful, in fact, the whole time I was surprised.

Conan, as very strong as he was, he had the nerve to kiss me in all those people.

I could bring myself to pretend that they were not there but eventually, I could realise that their presence couldn't be ignored.

We pulled apart after a while and gazed at the fire works that danced and sparkled in the dark midnight sky.

The majority of the crowd still had their attention fixed above and I was far too confident that very moment.

I did not care how complicated things might have seemed but I was certain that my new year was extra ordinary.

There was never a moment I could recall closely beautiful like that very one in my head.

Having Conan around was like having my heart completed and his presence was the only thing that satisfied me.

After a long while of celebration, the people slowly began to walk away to other parts of the park.

Most continuing in the celebrations and the others were just departing from the place.

"Shouldn't we try and find a cub?" I asked Conan.

"What for?" He asked me.

"To get home." I replied.

"Don't you think even taxis are taking the night off?" Conan asked.

"May be." I replied uncertain.

"Then may be we can quit using a taxi." Conan said.

"But why?" I asked.

"It is going to be very difficult to find one and I would prefer it if we walked." Conan replied.

"You know that will take hours and I will get home late." I said in defence.

"You can at least tell a small lie that you were at church and I believe they would understand you." Conan replied.

"It sounds that easy for you because you sound used to it." I said to him.

"Actually, my home isn't so sweet that they would actually leave us to hunt for fun outside on New year's." Conan replied.

"Why do you insist on walking?" I asked him suddenly.

"May be a romantic walk together could put the both of us on a proper understanding of one another." Conan replied.

"You already know me." I said to him.

"I want to know you more and more." Conan replied.

"Can't you feel the satisfaction?" I asked.

"Every day I believe there is something new about you." Conan replied to me.

"My body?" I asked.

"Your heart, your mind, all your emotions and feelings, thoughts and sightings keep on evolving." Conan replied.