Chapter 26

"Let's get drunk."

Long story short, as soon as Taehyung's parents left, the two of them immediatly snuck into the Kims' wine cellar and took a look at the huge variety of different sorts of wine and some other alcoholic drinks.

Taehyung was excited to say the least, hopping around the cellar energetically with Jungkook following him slowly and gaping at him in awe, not having seen him this excited for a long time. However, the blonde appeared to be a little nervous aswell.
Not once in his life did he ever get drunk, not even a single drop of alcohol had ever entered his mouth.

But if it was with and for Jungkook, he'd probably do anything.

"Umm... Will the alcohol sting? Or injure my throat?," Taehyung asked a bit sceptically, slightly fiddling around with his hands. He only knew alcohol from the movies, afraid of it burning too much.

Jungkook laughed, finding the other's worries extremely adorable. "What? Taehyung, don't ask pointless questions, you'll be fine. It's just, we've never tried this together and, well, this is gonna be fun, trust me."
Without a warning, he grabbed Taehyung's hand and pushed him towards the shelves.

And then, the both of them started grabbing random drinks and chugged them down laughing, forgetting all about their worries, complains and stress that teenage life brought them.

Taehyung soon came to realize that drinking alcohol wasn't as scary as it sounded-- he actually found it fun!
After a certain amount of time, he got used to the bitter taste.

Whereas Jungkook was busy staring at Taehyung fifty percent of the time as he did appear to be a tad concerned for him (and he loved seeing his friend jump around so excitedly), leading him to drink significantly less than the blonde.

After a good amount of time, the two sophomores, one of them definetely tipsy, exited the wine cellar and hieved themselves up the stairs.
Or more like, the younger boy was afraid it would be too much for Taehyung's first time drinking alcohol and persuaded him to leave the cellar.

Jungkook, who definetely had more experience and was less affected by the alcohol for sure, grabbed Taehyung's shoulders and softly guided him so he wouldn't accidentally hurt himself.
"Watch your step, please," he mumbled as they approached the staircase that led up towards his bedroom.

When they arrived upstairs, Taehyung turned around and faced Jungkook, his cheeks tinted with a dark shade of red as well as his kind-of swollen lips and his eyes half-lidded and glassy-- Jungkook sharply inhaled as he took in his ethereal features, feeling things he had never felt before.

So beautiful.

"Can we drink some more?" Taehyung batted his eyelashes, gripping the sleeve of the ravenette's shirt and pulling it. Now slightly worried, Jungkook shook his head and removed the blonde's hand from his clothes.
"No. No more drinking for you, it could be dangerous."

"But Jungkookieeee--" The older pouted sadly and Jungkook sighed, feeling himself to be extremely conflicted.
"No, Taehyungieee. I'm serious, you would regret it."

Taehyung huffed, crossing his arms in front of his chest cutely.
"You're mean. You're lucky I love you." The younger widened his eyes, his heart thumping.
"You love me?"

The blonde rolles his eyes.
"Of course I do, you dummy! You have no idea how much," he slurred.

Only as a friend, Jungkook, stop misunderstanding. Only as a friend.

"I l-love you too, Tae. Now let's go upstairs, it's cold here."

Taehyung whined in protest when Jungkook snaked an arm around his waist to lead him upstairs towards his room.
And meanwhile, Jungkook was freaking out.

Everything he does is beyond his control and I don't know how to deal with it.
What if he does something he regrets?

What if I do something I regret? It's not like I'm a hundred percent sober either, maybe the alcohol just hasn't kicked in yet...

After arriving in Taehyung's room, Jungkook sat them on his bed, removing his arm around the older's waist carefully.

Taehyung whined at the loss of contact. "Why'd you do that? It felt nice..."

Jungkook felt his heartbeat quicken.
Nice?
"Well, I thought you'd be uncomfortable--"

"Oh, stop talking. Or I'll get a headache." Taehyung placed his index finger on Jungkook's lips and leaned forward, shutting him up immediately.

And for a moment, they locked eyes.
Taehyung's half-lidded, glassy ones with Jungkook's widened ones.
It was like they were paralyzed, losing themselves in each other's orbs.

Taehyung then cupped Jungkook's face with his left hand and let the fingers of his right hand run through Jungkook's hair, smiling softly.

"You're so handsome, Kook... Handsome... Beautiful... Pretty... Everything," he spoke dreamily, still staring into Jungkook's eyes.

Jungkook felt his cheeks heat up in the shade of a very dark red. Before he could respond, Taehyung continued speaking: "You would be my ideal type of boyfriend..."

Boyfriend? Boyfriend...

And for a second, he froze.
"W-What... but--," he stuttered, getting interrupted again.

"I know you're straight. Just saying."
Taehyung fiddled around with Jungkook's bangs, pushing some strands away until his forehead was on full display.

And he giggled. "You should wear your hair like that, you look so hot."
He let himself fall back onto his bed.

Jungkook was speechless. Feeling his heart jolt, he touched his forehead, the blush on his cheeks even darkening.

"What are you doing? Come lie next to me," Taehyung ordered, patting the narrow space next to him.

Jungkook was confused. "B-But I don't have any sleepwear... And your parents, what if they--"

"I don't caaare," Taehyung whined and hesitatingly, Jungkook laid next to him.

He widened his eyes when Taehyung crashed his head into his chest and clinged onto his torso, like a little baby koala.

Fuck, he's so...

"This feels nice," he whispered, closing his eyes and smiling in satisfaction.

It really does, Jungkook thought and steadied the other by wrapping his arms around him and holding him closer.

And soon, they both drifted away into dreamland.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: a bit short :)

this is kind of a fluffy chapter because, well... things may change soon?

also, #blacklivesmatter 😔.
racism is disgusting, i thought society was better than this but oh well, guess i was wrong. people are so heartless, it saddens me. my condolences to what happened and everyone who got harmed.

stay strong💜💜)