Chapter 62

"Are you crazy, Chae?"

A brunette girl stood by her locker with her arms crossed in front of her chest, a clearly frustrated expression on her face.

"What?," the strawberry blonde girl countered, checking her appearance in her small pocket mirror. Her hair was completely loose today, flowing down her back in a graceful manner.

"I saw you with Kim Taehyung yesterday! It looked like you were... hanging out," the brunette spoke quite distastefully.

"Yeah, because we were, Jen. We hang out a lot, actually." Chaeyoung sighed internally, bracing herself for what was about to come and focusing her gaze on her little pocket mirror.

"Wha-- Chae! You hang out with him? But he's... you know! He will never like you that way and you know that!," Jennie exclaimed, gasping at her friend.
The younger girl grinded her teeth against each other, feeling her patience run low.

"He's my friend. I know he doesn't like me that way and honestly, who cares? He's a great friend, and not to mention, a great listener." She tore her gaze off her mirror for a second, glancing at the other girl.

He's a great listener and I trust him, unlike you guys. No offense, though, she thought.

"Chae, we're just worried about what will happen to you. You know what happens in the movies- you fall for him and you will end up heartbroken! That's not what we were implying when we suggested you to get a boyfriend," Jisoo butted in, making the strawberry blonde girl roll her eyes quite visibly.

Sighing, she pulled her lipgloss out of her pocket and applied it on her lips, focusing on her pocket mirror again.
"No need to worry, then. I like him as a friend and it'll stay that way. Boys and girls can be friends, you know?," she slightly snapped as soon as she was done.

Immediately, the two girls protested in unison:
"What?! No, they can not!"
Lisa, who had not partaken in the conversation up until now, observed the girls with her left eyebrow raised, deciding not to say anything. And for once, she was the least of Chaeyoung's problems.

"Why would you befriend him anyways? He's a bit... weird," Jisoo mumbled quietly, almost inaudibly.
However, the strawberry blonde had heard perfectly clearly and snapped her pocket mirror shut with a sharp sound, making both Jisoo and Jennie flinch slightly.

"Why? Because he's gay and has a boyfriend? There's nothing wrong with the way he is and he's the sweetest person ever! Can't you guys be supportive? If one of your friends was a lesbian, would you shut her down like that, too?," she snapped, not missing the way a quiet 'Yes?' came from Jennie.

Sighing again, the strawberry blonde smacked her lips against each other and pushed the pocket mirror into her bag and zipped it close.
"Whatever. I think I need to use the ladies room. Excuse me for a moment, please," she spoke purposefully calmly, forcing a smile before turning around and walking away.

Feeling utterly frustrated, she needed some fresh air to calm herself down. She couldn't risk accidentally lashing out on her friends since that could lead to unintended self-exposure which would definetely lead to her life becoming a living hell.

And she did not want that.

So she stuck to her better option- keeping quiet and not being suspicious.
As if that were easy.

The strawberry blonde was about to open the school building's door when all of a sudden, she felt a grip around her wrist, holding her back.

As she turned her head around to see who it was, her eyes widened and her heart started beating faster.
"L-Lisa?"