7

Chapter 7: Intimidation

═════ ⚖ ═════

~Erwin~

The next day at work, I was called to Zeke's office, the walk to his office I felt uneasy I wondered if he had found the GPS on his car. As the doors open into his mostly white office, I found him sitting at his desk with a relaxed smile. He was leaning in his chair and another woman at his side. Internally I cringe at the thought of what he could've been doing to her before I entered.

But upon seeing me, he pats the girls' lower back sending her on her way with a coy grin. "You wanted to see me, sir,"

Pulling his feet off of his desk, Zeke lets out a long sigh before saying "Yes, there are some things I'd like to discuss with you personally. Just some...reminders if you will,"

Taking a seat to the right of his desk, I watch as he leans forward and clasps his hands together, I could tell he was flexing a bit clearly trying to look bigger but it didn't intimidate me one bit. "I've noticed you've become, very protective of my assistant (Y/N)," he states. Kind of my job.

"Yes sir," I answer with a serious look on my face, now he slowly stood from his seat, slowly stepping around his desk, he stops before the seat I occupied.

"You've only been working here a little while now, so I'll let it slide this time but... if you cross me again when it comes to my precious assistant, I won't hesitate firing you. Got it?" he mutters.

Slowly I nod, even though I didn't intend on listening to him. But I kind of had to if I wanted to keep this job to protect (Y/N). I guess I'll have to find another way if I end up getting fired. "And another thing," he begins as he heads for the door, "Just because you're (Y/N)'s intern-thing, doesn't mean you gotta follow her around all day long,"

Now he was just being ridiculous, of course, I had to follow her around. I nod once more even though I had no intentions of following his orders, and with that, he so carelessly left me in his office alone. He was confident, I'll give him that. Getting up from the seat, I step around his desk to look at the safe again. I hadn't known much about him other than what was given to me on his file so when trying to crack the safe, I did common number phrases like his birthday, or a family or friends' birthday- none worked. I even tried social security and other numbers he would be familiar with but still nothing.

For now, I gave up on trying to open the safe, instead, I dug into my pocket and pulled out some small microphone bug. I begin placing them in random parts of the room and once they were set up it would transmit back to the precinct for someone to listen. Once all the microphones were blinking red, I finally left the office.

Upon exiting, I nearly ran into (Y/N) who seemed to be waiting for me. With wide eyes, my gaze was focused on only her as she asks, "Where have you been?" then grabbing my wrist, she tugs me along until we reach her office just down the hall.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I thought someone informed you that I was with Zeke," Shutting her door, she let out a sigh, then looking at me she smiles gently.

"No, sorry I just figured you were late at first until I saw you clocked in,"

Then there was silence as we looked at one another. I wondered if she wanted to know what Zeke wanted but either way I wasn't sure I wanted to tell her. If only we had worked in another part of the building where we weren't so closely watched by Zeke, it would make my job a lot easier to protect her and spy on Zeke. Here I had to be extra careful to not be found out.

Suddenly (Y/N)'s phone began to ring, quickly she pulls it from her pocket and answers it. After a few moments of softly speaking to the person on the other side, she finally hangs up and turns back to me still smiling. "I nearly forgot, we have to go meet with Hanji,"

With that, we both exited her office and headed towards the elevators, I followed her throughout the building finding new spots I had never been before even after the tour. When we met with Hanji in her office, I didn't realize they hired someone so... energetic. The moment we walked in (Y/N) was pulled into the brunette's arms clearly being tightly squeezed. Out of protectiveness I nearly push Hanji off of (Y/N) but stopped when she began laughing with Hanji.

"I swear I hardly see you now since your promotion,"

We all then gather around Hanji's messy desk. "I know Hanji, Zeke has been making me work my butt off,"

Finally, they all look down at the large poster. "So this is what you've planned so far?" (Y/N) asks.

"Yes ma'am, next will be the invitations to partnering companies and influencers but I intend on sending the list to Zeke in case there are any changes he'd like to make,"

(Y/N) then glances at the list after turning it right side up so she could read it properly, I on the other hand wondered what this was all for. "Are we planning a party or something?" I ask softly.

"A fundraiser, I mean it'll still be like a party but we'll be taking donations,"

"What charity is it going to?" I wonder.

They both look at each other then back at me, "Zeke chose a local shop, he's friends with the owner who's been struggling ever since his mom got cancer, so he's donating the profits to the shops to help keep it from closing and the rest will go to the shop owner's mom's treatment."

Somehow I wasn't all that convinced Zeke would do that, not when I just had that meeting with him that showed a different side of him. Maybe I'll look into this supposed shop. "That's, kind of him,"

They both went back to chatting over the plans shortly after I said that. "You should really attend (Y/N), you could have a lot of fun! Plus I know this really good boutique that sells the best dresses for an occasion like this," Hanji says while holding (Y/N)'s hands.

"I don't know Hanji, you know me I don't like parties,"

"Oh com'on, think about it, it'll be Erwin's first time going to one of these, and a first for you as well! It could be really fun if you guys went together don't you think?!" Then she glanced back at me with a furious blush rising in her cheeks, causing me to look away. My face grew warm as well.

But when I looked back I found them both looking at me for an answer, and I say, "I-it doesn't sound so bad..."

And with that, (Y/N) finally turned to look at her friend, then she nodded in agreement, and said, "Okay, I'll go," 

═════ ⚖ ═════

A/N

2/5/2021

Hey guys! Just here to let you know I'll be taking a couple of weeks semi-hiatus. I will be working on the books during this that's why it's a semi-hiatus. This is mostly to catch up since I haven't written anything in the past two weeks due to a relapse in depression over some issues that came up with a certain someone. I am doing much better now so don't worry, I plan on taking things slow, so in the meantime, while I am 'away' I will try to also reupload the books that need to be republished! I hope you all are doing well, I will still be in to check comments and such so if you need me feel free to message me! Love you guys! ~Koda