67

Chapter 67: New Beginnings

═════ ⚖ ═════

~(Y/N)~

Finally, it was all happening, Erwin and I were moving into our new home, together. I carried a couple of boxes to the door when Erwin came back out after taking his set in. Quickly he came to my aid, not that I was struggling with the boxes.

"Here let me take those," he

After taking both boxes, my shoulders slumped, I wasn't that far into my pregnancy, and he was already being overly protective to the point that if it was not light enough for me, he'd take it. I didn't complain to him about it because I know he's happy taking care of me, but I can't wait until our baby is out.

I stood outside taking a breath preparing myself for the next set of boxes I planned to bring in. While sighing my gaze turns to the neighbors on my right. It was two young women outside seemingly tending to their garden. One of them stood up and waved at me, I force a smile and wave back. I watched as the same girl walked up to her rose bush about 15 feet or so away from me. "Hello! Just moving in?" she asks.

"Yeah," I answer, walking up to the other side of the roses, the woman extends her hand out to me. Awkwardly shaking it so I don't prick myself, the other woman looks up and smiles gently.

"Well I'm Des, this is my wife Emma," Des introduces, her wife then stands up and reaches for my hand. We shake and I whisper a hello to her.

"If you need anything let us know, we're pretty close with everyone here, and in the summertime, Fridays the neighborhood gathers for a barbecue." Des nods in agreement and excitement as her wife explains. It was very tempting but now that the summer days are coming to an end not to mention with mine and Erwin's busy schedules we wouldn't make it for their last get-together.

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you,"

I jumped when a hand clasped down onto my shoulder. Spinning around I faced my boyfriend, exhaling deeply, I felt my shoulders slump in relief. It didn't happen as much but there were still times I felt that Zeke would catch me again. "Sorry," he says Erwin ran his hand down my arm to comfort me.

Erwin greeted the girls before leading me inside. "But what about the other boxes-"

"Already taken care of my dear,"

He shut the door behind me, I was hoping to feel relaxed but with all the boxes it just made our living room look crowded. I didn't think I had this much from the apartment. Then again it's also his stuff. "Okay, let's reorganize, and put the boxes in their designated spots."

I began moving some of the boxes to the kitchen, Erwin and I made sure to label them so it's easier. Coming back to the living space, I found Erwin just sitting on the couch. I jumped when Mango got on top of one of our boxes. Moving around the couch I stood before him, his eyes were closed. But instead of nagging to help me get this done, I sat down beside him, cuddling into his side.

Instinctively he wraps an arm around me, pulling me in closer. Not a second later I felt his lips on my forehead. "You know one thing we haven't decided yet?" I mutter. Finally looking up to meet his slightly confused gaze, I answer, "A name for the baby,"

"Did you have an idea for one?"

I hesitated merely due to the fact that if he heard the name I wanted to give the baby, I don't know how he'd react. "Possibly."

I sat up and watched his expression, which was currently blank. "I... was thinking since we're having a boy... that his name would be... Mike after your best friend," I was a bit shy saying it but his expression let me know he heard every word. I watched within seconds that his eyes were watering. His hands reached for me, grabbing my waist, the blonde pulled me in for a tight hug. I could hear him sniffle as he buried his face into my swelling breasts.

So I sat there with him until he started to calm down, when he finally withdrew from me, I grabbed his face. "Do you like the name?" I wasn't sure if he was crying tears of joy or if the thought of naming our son that would be a constant reminder of the one person he couldn't save.

"I love it, I couldn't think of a better name than that," Then before I could suggest otherwise, Erwin leaned in quickly, smashing his lips onto mine deeply. I didn't fight him. I was happy that he loved the name. And if anything I was excited to meet our little Mike. 

═════ ⚖ ═════