54

Chapter 54: Savior

═════ ⚖ ═════

~Erwin~

I ran after them, Zeke had gotten out into an alleyway. I was blinded for a moment as I exited the dark building. But once my eyes adjusted, I found Zeke standing there with (Y/N) in his arms. I had his gun in my hand ready to kill him. "Give up Zeke, no matter where you go, I will be following you! You can make this easy and just turn yourself in-"

"You're fucking crazy!" he yells. And just like that he tosses (Y/N)'s limp body to the ground, I jolted forward worried for her to have gained more wounds. That careless bastard! "You really do have a fucking death wish, why else would you come after me!" he says now he looked as though he was ready to charge me, and he did.

I was ready to meet him but as I continued to shoot, he zig-zagged his way to me dodging every bullet until I was forced to toss the weapon away and fight him barehanded. For the time being anyway. As he grabbed my wrist and attempted to raise them above my head, I went to knee him only for him to avoid my hits. But after some time I swiped his legs out from under him causing us both to go to the ground.

I was on top for a mere moment when he used most of his strength to flip us over, and my shoulder started to hurt again. Releasing my wrist he started punching me, I did everything I could to cover my face but there was no use he was angry as hell and wasn't gonna stop. "This is for ruining my fucking life you piece of shit!" he growls. I did my best to fight back, Zeke just wasn't giving a damn anymore, and it could've been the adrenaline coursing through him that was making the pain tolerable, or he was just so pissed that he didn't care.

I continued to cover myself hoping it would soften the blows but it didn't, Zeke started choking me now. "I'm gonna make your death slow and painful!" Trying to pry his hands off of me, my eyes then glanced at the dark sky behind him. A storm was rolling in. I began trying to push at his face or claw at his skin to get him off, but he wasn't budging. And every time I tried to use my legs he still remained holding my neck not seeming to give a damn at what I was trying to do.

"I-doubt that... if- if anything I'll make you...w-wish you were dead," it came out more as a wheeze but he heard me enough to grip tighter. I was beginning to feel dizzy as the oxygen was being cut off, my body began to feel weak. My vision going in and out of blurriness, the only thing I could hear was my heart pounding- or maybe it was just my head.

"This is finally goodbye Erwin- say hi to Mike for me-"

As my arms were falling to the side, Zeke's lips cracked up into a devilish smirk. He looked as though he won this fight, but then out of nowhere there were two more shots and I watched as Zeke's once cream shirt now was being painted in red in two different spots.

That's when the blonde's grip loosened, and I could finally breathe again. Gasping for air, I sat up and watched Zeke fall back as he grabbed at his chest. With my elbow, I hit the man square in the face causing him to fall back on the ground knocked out cold. I wasn't ready to look behind me just yet so before the bastard could wake up I cuffed him. And after, that, I punched him. My pent-up anger made me blind as I continuously hit this unconscious man. I felt I had to because he had hurt so many people, Mike, (Y/N) all of those other poor women. I watched as his nose began to bleed with each blow. I wanted him to wake up in pain, but I knew it wouldn't be enough for him to know what the others felt. And as I kept hitting him, I hear her call out, "Erwin stop he's down!"

Then as the rain began to fall, I turned to find the love of my life shakily holding Zeke's gun. She looked terrified but only slightly relieved to know that Zeke was out. As I let out a sigh, I knew it was finally over. So, slowly I tried to stand, but before I could completely get on my feet, I found myself falling back onto my knees. Yeah, there's no way I'm getting up right now. My body shivered as the cold rain hit my skin. Thunder rumbled above as the sky continued to grow darker- night quickly taking over. I never felt so relieved. 

═════ ⚖ ═════