5

Chapter 5: We Might Fall

═════ ⚖ ═════

~Erwin~

It was the next day at work, currently (Y/N), and I were in Zeke's office. They were having a little meeting, I guess, so I was standing beside her. She began going over his schedule and the upcoming events this next month.

She even went as far as to let him know what employees had vacations and all that. I stood there looking around the room familiarizing myself with things, so when I had the chance, I could get a warrant, sneak in, set up some stuff, and try and look for any clues this man could be apart of the human trafficking ring.

About half an hour through Zeke stood up. "Excellent dear, that is all for now. You both are dismissed," he says, he goes in and proceeds to show her to the door. I stood behind the pair following them out. They had been talking amongst themselves, while I was off in my head thinking about where to place some microphones, and maybe a small camera or two.

As he was just at the door, Zeke leaned in to whisper something to (Y/N), then his hand traveled further south, resting firmly on (Y/N)'s butt. I couldn't believe what I was seeing; no wonder why (Y/N) seemed so uncomfortable when we talked yesterday. Instantly disturbed, I grab the blonde man's hand roughly. He turns to me, looking rather shocked that I had dared touch him.

"You shouldn't grab a lady like that without her permission," I growl.

"Oh yeah? Who made you the boss?" he asks.

Then suddenly (Y/N)'s hand rested on both mine and Zeke's, her eyes looked up at me, almost pleading me to stop. So with a sigh, I released my grasp on Zeke, "I'm so sorry, sir, I'll talk to him," I hear (Y/N) mumble before shoving me out of the room. How am I the one in the wrong?!

Then stepping in front of me, she takes my hand and pulls me along like a child who had misbehaved. When we had gotten into her office, she shuts the door and locks it. "Care to explain why I am the one in trouble here?" I ask.

Covering her mouth, she let's out a sigh. "Look, I get you were trying to protect me, but... I need this job, okay? Yes, what he does is uncalled for, and I should report it-"

"Yes you should, your boss shouldn't be touching you like that, especially at work. I would understand if you two were dating, but still, you're at work-"

"I would never date him, he's- okay, just don't say anything, okay? Because if you report him, it'll cost me my job and I can't lose this job," she explains.

"Why?" I ask genuinely concerned for her; maybe she couldn't go back home, perhaps she didn't have a home to go back to. I didn't know her situation, but still I couldn't stand by and watch her be groped and in a place where she shouldn't have to worry about that.

"If you report him, he'll not only fire you but fire me. Because even if he's charged, he can buy his way out of jail-"

"You don't know that, what if he's done something else?" I ask. Shit, I should shut up.

She grumbles and turns her back to me, clearly frustrated. "His entire family is rich, so if he can't do it, then his family surely would," she mumbles. Then finally looking back at me, she takes a step closer. "So please, can we just drop it? I know how this looks, and I know I should stand up for myself and the other girls here at work, but...despite how friendly Zeke looks, I wouldn't be surprised if he's done something criminal in the past," she mumbles.

I could tell by her tone how scared she was, and it was because of this fear it made her turn a blind eye when he got too handsy. Same with the other women, it was apparent Zeke was doing something with women, but still no definitive evidence he was selling anyone. At least not yet. "Alright, but if he ever tries something like that again, I can't promise I'll be friendly towards him," I explain.

"You'd seriously risk being fired? I thought you needed this job, too?" she asks.

I smirk softly at her assumption then shake my head, "Not that badly, and if I were you I'd look into another profession, one where you're not being sexually harassed,"

Now embarrassed she turns away, holding herself she let's out a single 'ha' in response to my suggestion. "I must seem really stupid huh?" she mumbles.

"Not at all, there are plenty of women who have been sexually harassed and too scared to say anything. You can't really force someone to report something that caused them trauma, but that's up to you," I retort.

She then chuckles again this time sounding a little less afraid. "Says the man who told me I should report my boss,"

"That was before I knew how complicated it was for you," I explain.

Shaking her head, her lips still were tugged up in a sincere smile, now looking at me once more with her beautiful (e/c) eyes, she then says, "I'm starving, wanna go grab lunch?"

Then smiling down at her, I nod. "Alright," 

═════ ⚖ ═════

Will be going on a brief hiatus to catch up on some chapters for each book!