46: friendsgiving

"...and just make sure to check it in about 40-45 minutes, okay, Sweetheart?"

Dahlia wiped her brow after closing the oven, silently praying that she'd followed the recipe to Jordan's mom's stuffing.

It was the girl's first year hosting Friendsgiving, and as Kat and Dahlia worked in the kitchen, Marcus and Jordan watched football in the living room, each silently hoping they'd be the ones playing on tv one day.

Dahlia moved over to the cheese she had just finished grating and began to stir it into the boiled noodles waiting on the stove.

"Thanks, Mom. I just hope he likes it."

"Trust me, honey. You could serve up a plate of kiwi and that boy would eat every last bite if he knew you made it."

Dahlia smirked, thinking about Jordan eating the one food hated the most, if only for her.

After getting off the phone with Jordan's mom, Dahlia turned to Kat, who was slicing the cranberry, smirking at Dahlia.

"What?"

Kat shrugged as she continued cutting through the holiday side-dish.

"Nothing, nothing. I've just-- you've never been this Type A about a meal."

"Well, it's Thanksgiving and I just want everything to be perfect."

Kat smiled as she shook her head knowingly.

"Lia, that's impossible. Something is bound to go wrong today, but you just have to go with the flow, okay?"

After a moment of contemplation, Dahlia nodded slowly as she brought her eyes up to Kat's, knowing her roommate was speaking facts.

"Yeah, okay... you might be right."

"Might be?!"

Dahlia shot Kat a quick smile before both girls looked over to see their boyfriends entering the kitchen.

"Smells good in here..."

As Jordan approached Dahlia, he drank in everything about her at that moment. The flour on her face, the way her apron sat on her perfect hips, even the sweat she wiped off her forehead. There was no other word to describe Dahlia at that second other than perfect.

Dahlia's focus was on Jordan the moment he stepped into the kitchen and as he began walking towards her, she met him halfway, not letting him get near the oven.

"What are you guys doing in here?"

As Jordan took a peek over Dahlia's shoulder, she placed her hands on his chest, preventing him from moving around her.

"Just coming to see if you two needed any help..."

Dahlia caught Jordan staring at something behind her and when she turned to look she smirked and rolled her eyes.

"The macaroni's not ready yet, Jordy. I still have to add more cheese and get it in the oven."

Jordan and Marcus both pouted, and as Marcus' shoulders slumped forward, Kat and Dahlia shook their heads.