57: bedside manner

"Come on, baby. Just one more bite?"

Dahlia shook her head and hid back under the covers, ignoring Jordan's pleas for her to continue eating.

"Please, Doll? Just... two or three more bites and I'll leave you alone."

Dahlia rolled her eyes and groaned before ripping the covers away, sighing as she saw the look of concern on her boyfriend's face as she sat up.

"Jordy, baby, I'm fine, okay? I promise. It was just a little cold last week. It's my fault for not letting my hair completely dry that night."

"One more bite?"

Dahlia sighed and opened her mouth, letting Jordan spoon-feed her another bite of chicken noodle soup.

"There we go. I just gotta make sure my baby's good."

Jordan set the bowl on the bedside dresser before preparing a spoonful of medicine forDahlia.

Dahlia pouted and rolled her eyes, knowing that although Jordan was a bit more relaxed about the soup, he basically forced the antibiotics into her.

As Jordan went to clean up the soup, Dahlia took another nap, feeling drowsy from the medication. After about an hour, she was woken up by Jordan, who had the shower running like a sort of steam room.

"Come on, Doll. You're still congested and you sound awful."

"Gee, thanks."

Dahlia rolled her eyes as she shuffled to the bathroom, coughing a little under her breath.

"See...".

After her shower, Jordan wrapped Dahlia in a towel, kissing her forehead as she clutched the towel around her. Dahlia tilted her head back in an attempt to capture Jordan's lips but pouted when he deflected.

"Doll..."

Jordan's voice had a warning tone to it, but Dahlia ignored it, leaning in to kiss him once more.

Jordan chuckled and took another step back, this time putting his hand out to gently grab Dahlia's waist, holding her at bay.

"Baby, come on. You have to rest."

Dahlia pouted, which gave Jordan the chance to kiss her, sucking on her bottom lip as he pulled back.

She looked up at him with big wide eyes as she poked her bottom lip out, her throat raspy and seductive.

"I want you inside me, Jordy."

Jordan bit his lip and shut his eyes tight, turning his head as he attempted to control what was starting to stir. He took a few deep breaths through his nose before he looked back at Dahlia, who was smirking at him.

"You're the worst. Now, let's get some jammies on you so we can get that cute little butt of yours back into bed."

🌻