Chapter 1

Percy POV(?)

Life isn't fair. Most are taught that by their parents, but some are taught by life itself and it ain't pretty. I was one such patient to doctor fate and apparently I was there for a prostate exam. When I was young, I was happy. I had a mother and a father that loved me. They put up with my antics and bad habit of pranking. They put up with me going to school only to get into a fight and get expelled within a year or two. They loved me and I loved them. Then my father left when I was five. I don't know where he went. He just upped and left. He disappeared like a ghost and never came back.

My mom was stressed out for a week, but always said that he had a very important job to do and that he couldn't be too close to us in order to do it. It frustrated me not knowing what was going on, but I took my mother's word when she said it was for the best. So we lived our life normally. Just without my dad. Things quickly went back to how they used to be. I was back to pranking and getting into fights although I did try to keep it to a minimum since my mom would have to deal with me on her own now and she continued to deal with me despite not having to. Once again, we were happy.

Then that night came. Three years later. Just one day after my eighth birthday. I was sleeping soundly in my bad after sneaking and eating some of my left over cake after my mom told me not to. There was a loud boom and I was startled awake. My head snapped up and I looked around. Was that... smoke I smell? It is. What was burning? I got up and ran to my door. Swinging it open I looked out and saw a roaring fire quickly spreading throughout the house. I heard a gasp, but I know it wasn't me. I've never gasped. Looking behind me I saw my mom looking at the fire.

"Mom, what's going on?!" I yelled over the roar of the flames. "Follow me! Hurry!" My mom yelled. She ran down the hall, away from the fire and I followed after her without question. I quickly caught up to her and she gripped my wrist tightly, but I barely felt it. She dragged me as far as she could before we heard a loud roar. I was confused. That wasn't the fire. It couldn't have been. It was too deep. To guttural. It sounded like a monster. My mom started crying. I was so confused. What was happening? She picked me up and shoved me into broom closet. I'll never forget the words she told me. "I love you and no matter what I'll be proud of you. You're my little ball of sunshine." She gave me a watery smile and I suddenly became aware of the tears running down my cheeks.

"If I don't come back, I want you to run. Run as far and as fast as you can. Don't even think of looking back. Change you're name. Live a normal life. Be happy." She shut the doors and ran off. I hadn't even noticed until she was gone. Once she was gone I realized what she said. 'If I don't come back'. She was going to leave me. All alone. I started banging on the closet door. Screaming for her to come back. She didn't. She didn't come back. Ever.

TimeSkip

That brings me to now. Well, not really. There's was some other stuff that happened, but the author has spent half of this chapter on my back story. Gotta keep some of it hidden to keep you interested. Anyway, I currently sat in my 'office' which was basically just a large empty room with a desk, chair and a pool table in the corner. In my lap sat my receptionist Agnes. She does other things, but we don't have to get into that right now. Agnes is a beautiful blonde girl with a thin form, blonde hair styles in an undercut with icy blue eyes. She's wearing a form fitting red dress that shows off her well endowed chest very well and a pair of black pumps.

I sighed running my hand over her exposed thigh. Agnes cuddled into me even more, if that was possible. The door was suddenly pushed open and in walked a man. He was a tall one. Wearing a black suit and a matching bowler hat. He was an old man dark skin, a graying beard and dark brown eyes.

"Morrison. Got another job for me I hope." I said. "Maybe I do. Maybe I don't." The old man smiled. "Come on man. We're starting to get hungry here." The old man gave me a look. "Yea, yea. Shut it. If it's not a job then what do you need? You're not the type for social visits." I asked. "Correct you are. It's not a job from me, but from a potential partner. Strange young lady. No name, but she's strong. Has a gun fetish. She wants you're help dealing with a large group of demons in Texas. Says her employer wanted to send her out there, but she's got no way there and she heard that you were an interesting one." I tapped Agnes' leg and she got up to sit on the desk.

"Ok then." I said standing up. "Does she know of my 'condition'?" I asked. "Which one? The fact that you're half demon half god or the fact that you're a child?" He asked with a snarky tone. "Haha. Where is she?" I asked grabbing my trusty sword Rebellion. "She'll be meeting you at the edge of town. Have fun." He said. "Yea. Morrison, hold the place down. You, do what ya gotta to make sure the lights stay on." I said directing the last sentence at Agnes. "You know I will baby." She replied in her sultry voice. "Fucked up, pedo bastards." Morrison mumbled. "Who pays you're bills again, old man?" He just tipped his hat. "That's what I thought. See ya." I said and closed the door.