Chapter 3

Third POV

Percy and Lady waited for hours. Watching the lady to see if she does any suspicious or out of the norm. Percy got tired and annoyed of waiting so he started to try to look through this 'illusion' the waitress was apparently using. He stared at her intently, concentrating as hard as he could. As Percy stared at her, he noticed that her form seemed to occasionally flicker. Like a tv with bad signal. He was mildly surprised when he noticed everything Lady was talking about. Fire hair, large talons for nails, fangs and red eyes. Aside from the legs and hair she could've passed for a vampire. She had the unnatural beauty and the smooth and seductive voice.

"Um, I think I see what you see now, but it's on and off. Kinda like she's glitching out." Percy whispered. "Glitching? What kinda description is that?" She asked. "I don't know. It's just what comes to mind." Percy said with a shrug. Lady rolled her eyes, but chuckled. "So what do we do now?" Percy thought about this. He honestly didn't know. "I don't know. She doesn't feel like a demon. Normally I can sense a demon from miles away. She's just not striking me as one." He said. Lady understood that. A demon sensing other demons, especially if they meant harm to you, wasn't to unbelievable. "Wanna try to just kill her?" Lady asked. Percy looked around, noticing that no one was around he nodded. "Yea. Let's give it a go." He said and stood up.

"You know, your the first to confuse me." Percy said. "I have seen and fought a lot of demons. You have the look of a demon, but not the feel of one." He said taking out a silver, futuristic looking revolver. "However, you couldn't hide forever. I do wanna know though. What was your plan?" He asked pointing the gun at the girl. "A demon? So that's the other thing I smell." She said. "What?" Percy asked. The girl turned around and gave a wide smile. "It's surprising, bring half demon. I've never meant one. I'm actually shocked you didn't come out an immortal." Percy was starting to get annoyed so he just shot her.

Then raised an eyebrow when the bullet just went through her face. "Well that's interesting." He said. "Hmm, so you know you're a demigod, but you don't know of our world. How fun." She smiled and her hair burst into flames. It's like her entire facade was melting off. Literally. Percy could now see her true form instead of just snippets of it. "Huh. Well that didn't work." He said. "No shit." Lady said. "You poor boy. Mortal weapons will not work on me." The monster smiled and lunged at him. Percy dodged this quite easily, but lady was clawed on her arm. She grunted in pain and rolled away.

"If bullets don't work on her you're gonna have to handle this one." She yelled. "Really? I thought you were a strong one." Percy teased. "Against demons. I don't have any experience with Greek monsters." She snapped. "Hey! Neither do I." He shrugged. "No, but you have super powers!" Percy paused. "Huh. I forgot about that." He said. His senses went off and he ducked under a claw swipe. "Woah! That was close. You almost cut my hair." Percy smirked. "A chatty one. Aren't you?" The monster snarled. "I like to talk." He shrugged. "Unfortunately, you won't be talking for much longer." She growled. "That was horribly cliche." Percy said as he shook his head.

The monster charged him and Percy ducked under another swipe and roundhouse kicked her into a window. Said window broke with a loud crash. She hissed in anger and pushed herself out of the window and back into the cart. The two opponents circled one another for a bit with Lady off to the side. Percy decided to make the first move and dashed forward. He threw a punch at her and she hopped back. Percy however, pressed onward and kept up with her. Not expecting him to insist she was caught with a right hook. Her head snapped to the side and Percy would've followed up had the monster not burst into flames. Percy jumped back from the initial explosion, but his coat ended up catching fire.

"Damnit." He cursed and took it off. "Lady! Let's go!" He yelled grabbing her arm and jumping out the window. The two tucked and rolled when they landed. After a bit of tumbling they stopped and took a breath. "You good?" He asked. "Yea, I guess. My arm hurts like hell though." She hissed. "Come here." He said holding his hand out. Lady looked at him in confusion, but gave him her arm. He lightly placed his hand on her arm and it glowed green. Her arm slowly stitched itself back together and the blood disappeared. Even the rips in her shirt disappeared. "Woah. Didn't think a demon could heal." Percy chuckled. "Shocking isn't it?" He said as he stood up and looked around.

"Well, this definitely ain't Texas." He said. Lady stood along with him. "Where are we then?" She asked. "Wait, more importantly. What's gonna happen to those people on the train?!" Percy looked at her. "Eh. Who cares. That place smelled of sin anyway." He shrugged. Lady looked at him like he was crazy. "What?! They had lives! Families!" She argued. "Half of those men were cheating and the other half were beating their wives. The women that were being beat were cheating or planning to kill said husband and the ones that weren't being beat were just planning to up and leave with all of their husbands money. The single ones were full of random sin too. There was literally no innocent person on that train." Percy ranted.

"How do you know all of that?" She asked. "I can sniff out sin and read souls." He informed. "Huh. Interesting. What about me? How come I'm not innocent?" Lady asked. "You've killed people." He said. "By accident." She defended. "God doesn't care. Why do you think his whole thing is forgiveness and redemption? He doesn't care if the sin is an accident or not. In his eyes, you sinned and that's all that matters." Percy explained. "Now let's go. We gotta figure out where we are."