Chapter 11

Percy POV

Long Island, New York. I had made it to New York without a problem. It only took a day, maybe a little less than that. However I was getting a bad vibe from this place. Well, not really a bad vibe. More like a threatening vibe. More annoying than intimidating. I sighed and started heading to Long Island. Rebellion was on my back, but it seemed that people didn't seem to care about it. It's like they didn't even notice it. Odd, are these people blind or something? I called a cab and asked him to take me to the specific address.

"You sure kid? There's nothing out there." I narrowed my eyes. "Yea. I'm sure." He nodded and started driving. I watched as Manhattan passed me by in a blur, but I could make it all out. It wasn't too different from Red Grave. The only real difference being the amount of people. There was so much more. It honestly made me realize just how small Red Grave was. The entire ride was silent aside from his staticky radio which annoyed the hell outta me so I used my demonic power to fix it. What? They don't call me the radio demon for nothing. Yea, I bet you forgot about that. Don't worry, I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed. Anyway the man looked at his radio and smiled.

TimeSkip

"Alright. Here we are." The cabby said coming to a stop. "Thanks. Here, keep the change." I said handing him a random amount of money. "Uh, this is four hundred dollars." He said, but I ignored him. I looked up at the 'address' and saw that it was just a hill. A hill with a giant pine tree on top. After taking a look around at the other trees I noticed that pine tree was very out of place. Deciding to investigate, I walked up the hill. Once I got up there I was shocked to see an entire fucking camp on the other side of the hill. What was this shit? I thought he said there was nothing here.

There was a bunch of kids around my age running around with sword and other weapons wearing bright orange t-shirts. Well, time to see what this is. I started down the hill going at a moderate pace. What was this place? A lava wall? Why would they need a climbing wall that spews lava?

"Hey!" I turned around to see a a buff looking girl with a spear in her hand. "You must be new." She said. "Uh, yea? What is this place?" I asked before looking and her shirt. "Camp Half-Blood? What's that?" I asked. The girl tapped her chin almost as if she was thinking. Then she she put her arm around my shoulders. "How about I help you out." She smiled. "With what?" I asked. "Showing you around." She said. Sensing malicious intent I moved her arm. "I'll find my own way." I said and started walking away. "Nah, you're not going anywhere." She said grabbing my arm. Not having any of this shit, I grabbed her wrist and flung her into a tree.

"Yes I am." I said and walked away. I walked around this 'Camp Half-Blood' to get a better feel for it. I got a few of looks, but no one approached me. That is until a half man half horse came up to me. "Excuse me." He said. "Hello." I said. "Good morning. I'm guessing you're new here." He stated more than asked, but I nodded nonetheless. "Good then. My name is Chiron." I raised an eyebrow. "Who?" He seemed surprised. "Do you know anything of greek mythology?" I shook my head. "Ahh, please. Follow me and I shall explain." I nodded and he lead me to a big baby blue house with a white wrap around porch. He took me inside and sat me down at a table.

He then explained everything about the world of Greek mythology. The gods, the demigods, the monsters and how this camp was made to help train the children of the gods to survive. It should've been a lot to take in, but considering my fucked up life it was nothing. I sighed and rubbed my forehead. Chiron firmly grasped my shoulder like a father would and honestly, that annoyed me. Don't know why.

"It can be quite a bit to take in, but I assure you, you're not a lone." I waved his concerns. "I'm not worried about this new life. I'm more worried about how this gonna affect my current life. I have things to do, much more important things than worrying about temperamental gods." The sky rumbled and Chiron looked nervous. "How about we don't insult the gods." He suggested. "You're the only one actually worried." I said. "You should be too." I looked back and saw a chubby man with black hair that kinda looked purple, bloodshot blue eyes and a scruffy beard.

He was wearing a leopard print, button up short, brown khakis and purple running shoes. He had a wine magazine in one hand and a Diet Coke in the other. He came and sat down at the head of the ping pong table and opened his magazine.

"I'll be worried when I'm given a reason to be worried. Until then, I don't necessarily care. I'm here to get my questions answered." The man looked at me and I held his stare. "Percy. Careful. This is Dionysus. A Greek god." Chiron warned. "I've faced scarier." I said without tearing my eyes away from the god. "You need to learn your place." He said leaning forward. "At least I have a place. You can lie to yourself as much as you want old man, but you know that as a god. You don't belong here. You belong up on Olympus contemplating you're boring, miserable existence." A purple fire lit up in his eyes and the air around us filled with the smell of grapes along with becoming a purple haze.

"Show some respect to the gods boy." He growled. I got up and in his face despite the scenes of madness I saw behind them. "I'll show respect." I paused, deciding to give my own intimidation tactic. 

"When you fucking earn it

"When you fucking earn it."